View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
Elladorine
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

Remembering that I lost a substantial amount while swimming laps many, many years ago, I got back in the pool more recently to do aquafitness (working with styrofoam barbells and noodles for resistance). I've actually enjoyed it a lot more than the laps. It also worked especially well throughout my pregnancy since it's low impact.

I don't have time to take off for the pool these days with a little baby, so instead I'm doing C25K in my neighborhood every other evening when the hubby's home to watch him. It's a running program designed for beginners, and for me it's the perfect balance between facing a challenge and feeling very accomplished. I'm currently halfway through and can run for 16 minutes per session, something I never thought I'd be able to do (at my highest weight I couldn't even walk across my own living room!). I actually got partway through the program last year, but dropped it the moment I found out I was pregnant and swapped it out for the pool (I'm considered high-risk and didn't want to stress the baby).

The program's only every other day, so on my "days off" I do Sweatin' to the Oldies at home (which is quite entertaining for the baby ). It's fun and gets me moving.

I'm extremely proud of my progress in the past two years; exercising used to be so intimidating! However, I've actually found that my eating habits are much more tied to my weight than exercising. Of course exercising is important for fitness, but eating right is more important when it comes to actual weight loss.

Good luck!

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★

Last edited by Elladorine : 04-14-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote