Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Arrow Dropped my guard for 10 days and gained 4 LBS. Need a buddy to overcome this pls!

I need a buddy to endure this obstacle, folks. I don't want to give up this time.
I surprised myself these days with how ready I am (again) to destroy everything I've worked for, for the past 4 months...and no I won't give up.
If you're in the same situation or going through something similar and are determined to succeed, come join me!
We could pull each other up the whole and guard each other against discouragement...
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Well, I went to Turkey and Brussels for 7 days and gained 5 pounds!

I went back on plan yesterday and lost 3.6lbs of those 5 today.

So don't fret and don't give up. Most of it is probably just water.

Remember, the quicker the gain - the faster the loss.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirti4thirty View Post
I surprised myself these days with how ready I am (again) to destroy everything I've worked for, for the past 4 months...and no I won't give up.
Don't do that to yourself, you are not destroying everything you've worked for. Dieting just takes its toll, it's part of the process. Restriction usually results in this kind of result. The more you diet the more you're stretching yourself like a rubber band and then the moment the pressure gets too much it snaps or pops. This used to happen to me all the time, lose lose lose and then gain it all back. Just stay positive and look ahead and find the joy in eating and it will be fine, 4 quick lbs can be quickly gone.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #4  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Ian, you should probably avoid Brussels and Turkey then, along with Greece, Chile, Hungary and Wales. Go to Iran instead.

The faster on/faster off principle doesn't apply to me, unfortunately. Reason why I have a morbid fear of weight gain.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

It's okay! the fact that you are dealing with it at least in words means you are not out. I went away and just ignored the fact that fat was sneaking up on me and now look where that got me!!! The very same 30-40 lbs. that I lost more than once is right back on my big behind, as well as my bat wings, my thunder thighs and my gut. You can get right back into it. You can. Believe me. Just don't run away. That's when things get really hairy. And you get a firm sense of denial, and then the pounds really pile on. No giving up!!!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:13 AM   #6  
Blessed Person Here

Thanks for your encouragement and reassurance, y'all!! It motivates me to get back in control and drop the regained fluff.
I still need a BUDDY though, if anyone cares!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #7  
Blessed Person Here

Bouncing this post to get myself a pal.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #8  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey thirti4thirty, I'll be your buddy! We are almost the same height and have similar goals. I got to goal about 5 years ago and then let it creep back on and have been "trying" to lose it, but never sticking to plan long enough.

This time I've been on plan for 4 weeks straight (a record for me) but the scale is moving down s-l-o-w-l-y and I feel the self sabotage creeping back. A buddy who is at the same mental place might be just the thing.

Let me know what you're thinking about support buddies: how often to check in, etc.
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/168/125

Height: 5'3

Hi there thirti4thirty and raven59...I'm brand new to the site and in much the same situation as you both. Can I join your buddy system?

I've lost and regained the weight numerous times and I'm so ready to get a handle on this once and for all.
DodgeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #10  
Blessed Person Here

Hi raven, hi dodge
Thanks so much for replying!
I normally weigh myself every day but I'm avoiding the scale these days. I have started walking again...at least one hour everyday at my workplace.
I'm yet to regain control over food. I've been feeding myself with pretty much everything at anytime. I'm not feeling as miserable as I used to in these situations, but I know I'm in the danger zone right now.
How about you? What little steps have you started taking to get back?
Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #11  

I'm trying to come to terms with my bingeing. It's been ridiculous lately and, much like you, I'm trying to not beat myself up over it. I think feeling bad about yourself just fuels the desire to keep eating.
I've also joined this site I think a buddy will be a great help. It's nice to talk to someone in a similar situation.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I felt like eating everything today when I've only JUST reached my first mini goal THIS MORNING. So, now I am cleaning out my closet. Because it means putting on all my clothes to see what does/doesn't fit. And seeing what fits even BETTER now. I no longer want to eat anything ever again....(joking )

Wishing you luck! <33

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 04-16-2014 at 07:15 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #13  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Dodgethis and Thirti4thirty:
Happy Monday and I hope you both are doing OK. So the little steps I've taken: I have a neighbor/weight loss buddy who lives across the street. We each weigh in daily and text each other our weights. We are following the same plan and have an agreement that we pay ourselves $5.00 each day on plan and have to pay the other $20.00 if we ever have an unplanned cheat. This has worked great for 1 month and we each have lost about 10 lbs.

Interesting, that with this success, we each were at a point where we needed/wanted an off plan day. I took mine yesterday and of course the scale is up today-5 pounds. But since it was planned, I don't feel out of control. It's back on plan today. The daily check-in has really helped keep my focus and seeing the progress...but...I also know this is danger zone time. So...daily check-ins, a structured eating plan, taking time to make on plan recipes that I enjoy, and staying focused with a positive attitude, and daily exercise are the little steps I've taken.

My goals this week: 100% on plan, lots of water, checking in daily on this thread with the two of you, positive attitude.

How about you two? What are your goals this week?
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #14  

Hey raven59 - congrats on the weight loss!! You're doing fabulous!
I've started working out again today, so I'm happy about that. I always feel so good when I'm back in that routine...not sure why it's so hard to stick with it! Of course, with Easter having just passed, I may have stolen a few of my daughter's tasty treats But, that was my cheat, and, like you said, it was planned, so I don't feel out of control because of it.
I haven't gotten into a regular weighing routine yet, but I haven't been back on the wagon long, so I'm going one step at a time. When I have a few numbers, I'll probably put up a ticker.
Looking forward to sustainable progress!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/261/180

Height: 64 inches

Wow, I am brand new to this blog/forum thing. I started at the suggestion of my counselor to help remind me that I am not alone in my weight issues. I am completely amazed at how each thing I read on here reminds me of myself and the struggle I have had with my weight for the past 15 years. I can totally relate to the binge eating and then feeling totally guilty and so many other things. I am honestly really excited to read the information out there from people who are going through the same things right now. Thanks for getting my interest and helping inspire me to start a new journey with the help of peers
Mercedes136 is offline   Reply With Quote