View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #12
Serenity100
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Rose, you have come to the right place! Have you decided on a plan on how you will lose the weight? That is the first step. All the plans are good for getting off the weight. Chose one that you know you can eat that way for the rest of your life, so that you won't gain the weight back after all of your hard work.

Going out to eat often is hard because the portions are huge. Plus the restaurant probably adds extra oils and butter. Drinking alcohol also adds lots of empty calories. Try to go to places where you know you can order healthy meals, and then, only eat half. Either pack up half, or just leave it there.

Walking is the only exercise I like to do, and then only outside. lol. But, I try to walk everywhere. If you need something at the Walgreens, walk there. If you need to go to the Post Office, walk there. When your daughter is riding her bike walk alongside her. If you get a pedometer and try to build up to 10,000 steps a day, it is very motivating.

Forget the scale. Look for Non Scale Victories. Buy jeans or a skirt in a size smaller and work on it until you fit into. Then buy some cute shoes and a top to match.

Don't give up, some of us are just "unlucky" in the fat cell department and we have to work harder at it.