View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #33
Suzanne 3FC
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
BTW I think losing and regaining half is a perfect example of what the presenter and the people I follow in the whole food no grains community would say happens often.
She asked what defines success. If it works while you do it, then is that how you define success? If she stopped calorie counting and regained, wasn't calorie counting still successful while she did it? If you start eating grains and find that you regain weight, does that not mean that going grain free was still successful while you did it? It's the same thing. No matter what method you choose to lose weight, you can't just switch it off when you reach goal.

I know many people that have successfully lost weight and kept it off while following portion controlled diets that included grains and everything else. My own mother is a Weight Watchers success story and has never regained a pound, and she's old-school and eats grains with every meal. She also still goes to her meetings every week, and she does it because she loves it.

Check our maintainers forum. You'll be surprised how many of our maintainers lost weight while calorie counting and included whole grains

You know that I don't eat grains, even though my diet plan is very different from yours and is not low carb. I lost over 100 pounds and feel better. Do I think that everyone who would follow my diet would lose weight and be healthier? Yep. Do I think my diet is right for everyone? Nope. Of course not.

You have to find what works for you and stick with it. By 'works for you' I mean that your food and activity choices need to fit your personal tastes, budget, lifestyle, and health goals. We're all different