View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
And I almost didn't post here because I get 'flamed' so much whenever I post something contrary to the eat everything in moderation lobby. Well if that works for people: awesome, I am very happy for you. But it didn't me.
You really can't let this go can you? You get flamed because your research is always one-sided and you're talking to people like they are stupid. Furthermore, there is no "eat-everything-in-moderation" lobby. I've never heard of such a lobby, why are you drawing a line in the sand and even more so, why do you continuously need to criticize people for what they eat? That's all you do, it doesn't take much searching on the forums to find you making statements like this...“And I suppose the eat everything folk do not consider grains poison so they aren't telling themselves to eat poison. What the reality is though, well I feel they are even if they don't think so.” This is really no different than saying that jesus is the saviour and people of other relgions may not think so but he is for sure and so they're going to ****. You make up statistics, you make sweeping generalizations, and you accuse people of not giving your method a chance. I mean, where does this statistic come from? "Most people, 95% qualifies as most to me, calorie restrictions do not work."

Dude, good for you that your method works. I have zero interest, none whatsoever to participate in your methods. I have no intention of putting butter in my coffee ok? Not my cup of tea. I would rather be fat forever than follow this method.

Being part of this forum is realizing that different things work for different people. We are all, everyone here, happy for you that you have lost weight, and have gained an understanding of nutrition for yourself. But you yourself cannot and will not acknowledge that anyone else can do something slightly different than you and be successful. It's rotten behavior when you tell people "of course people can do whatever they want, but they won't be successful and they are eating poison even though they don't know it." Nobody is criticizing what you do, yet you criticize what others do. That's why you get flamed.

“If you try to lose weight by shaming, depriving and fearing yourself, you will end up shamed, deprived, and afraid.” Geneen Roth