View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
diamondgeog

I think with modern grains, HFCS, the explosion in added sugar the vast majority of people do indeed have to change their macro nutrients.

I also think it is false that lowering calories is better or work for most and not supported by studies. Here is an article of 23 studies. People did calorie counting or low carb with eating as many calories as they wanted to. In all 23 studies the low carb no calorie limits did as well or better.

As I said for some it works. But the lowering calories/counting calories approach fails way more often than not. Would that person succeed in other approaches? Perhaps. What people find with low carb, or a lot do, their appetites plummet. So it is 'easy'. Lots of people I have found on twitter describe it like that.

But sure if someone finds calorie counting their cup of tea by all means go for it.

And I think I post just as much great research, often by preeminent researchers. But because people don't 'like it' somehow it isn't research. Fascinating.

And if calorie counting eating less is by far the most common approach and America and the world keeps getting heavier, more diabetes, more heart disease, more cancer then to me clearly the evidence is saying it is not a good approach for most.

People try and it often just doesn't work. I know that was me in the past and family and many many friends and coworkers.

He pointed out in the talk food companies love that approach. So they produced 100 calorie packs. In theory eat less. But they found people didn't. They just eat two or three the food is so addicting, a lot of it. So they sold more and the 100 calorie packs had good markups.

http://authoritynutrition.com/23-stu...low-fat-diets/

Restart: May 1, 2013 at 285. HW 340

Last edited by diamondgeog : 04-12-2014 at 07:43 PM.