Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5 '6

Default Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 32

Looks like its time for a new thread!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Yay new thread! On the final stretch to my daughters. Every time we drive this I am reminded how very big the Midwest is. Still have two hours left.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Wow - we filled up the last thread fast!

Enjoy your trip drd.

And thank Hiker for starting the new thread.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #4  

I need to get a new picture. I got a pixie cut yesterday. It will be much easier to work with after surgery. This morning I just stuck some gel in and left. So nice.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I need to get a new picture. I got a pixie cut yesterday. It will be much easier to work with after surgery. This morning I just stuck some gel in and left. So nice.
LOL...gotta love wash'n'go hair!

When is your hip replacement? Best wishes...I did 4 mos of PT this past fall trying to avoid that for the present...Am sure eventually it's going to happen though.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Old 04-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #6  

The right will be done mid July. The left is still tba. Both are very bad. Basically bone on bone. Sad for someone my age, but was born with deformities. It is what it is and was my main reason for losing and keeping the weight off.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #7  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So I've been thinking and I have a couple of questions. I noticed some conversation a few weeks back about chicken and store rotisserie chickens being life savers. So my question is I know we are not supposed to eat skin, but can we cook our chicken with skin on? I have been painstakingly cutting the skin off of whole chickens, can I just take the skin off my own after it's cooked? Also the whole veggie thing is starting to make me curious. I mean how many veggies you can fit in two cups depends on how you cut them. I personally love sweet bell peppers (the little ones). If I just slice them into rings it's 8-10 little peppers, if I chop them up a bit more for in something I can get more peppers in, the same with a lot of veggies. I mean we talk about cauliflower rice if I take two cups whole cauliflower before its cooked I can fit more in two cups if I chop it small, or 2 cups grated is a bunch and still raw... so I wonder how close I get to too many veggies when I cut them smaller?
Old 04-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
The right will be done mid July. The left is still tba. Both are very bad. Basically bone on bone. Sad for someone my age, but was born with deformities. It is what it is and was my main reason for losing and keeping the weight off.
My family is full of osteo arthritis...and I have a sister younger than I who has had 3 hip replacements already...yep...the first one has been redone. She was in her 40's when that 1st one happened. We have had a grandaughter with bilateral hip dysplasia...which was treated as an infnat. Years ago that never got any attention which is what we think happened with my sister. hope you heal well...and the newer hip joints and surgical methods work wonders for you. Another sis had one done about a year ago and she was weight bearing right away and has done amazing!! You'll be great and feel wonderful when it's over...!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

"LOL...gotta love wash'n'go hair!"

mine's been wash'n'go for years now - too fine to do anything else with it!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
So I've been thinking and I have a couple of questions. I noticed some conversation a few weeks back about chicken and store rotisserie chickens being life savers. So my question is I know we are not supposed to eat skin, but can we cook our chicken with skin on? I have been painstakingly cutting the skin off of whole chickens, can I just take the skin off my own after it's cooked? Also the whole veggie thing is starting to make me curious. I mean how many veggies you can fit in two cups depends on how you cut them. I personally love sweet bell peppers (the little ones). If I just slice them into rings it's 8-10 little peppers, if I chop them up a bit more for in something I can get more peppers in, the same with a lot of veggies. I mean we talk about cauliflower rice if I take two cups whole cauliflower before its cooked I can fit more in two cups if I chop it small, or 2 cups grated is a bunch and still raw... so I wonder how close I get to too many veggies when I cut them smaller?
First, I am always leery of the store bought cooked chickens - they tend to inject them with lots of stuff for flavor and to make them last longer. Need to read the ingredients list carefully. I bake chicken with the skin on and then remove it before eating if I'm doing a whole chicken. But I'm careful with what I put on it too. I do usually stick a 1/2 onion inside it - gives a great flavor and helps keep the chicken moist.

I think you have to use your judgment on the 2 cups of veggies sometimes. A lot of times I weigh mine if they don't fit easily into a measuring cup. When in doubt i try to measure the larger pieces and then chop them up - like bell peppers. I slice them up and then chop them. Does that make sense? Even though I still measure, I'm pretty good at figuring out what will be a cup of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
"LOL...gotta love wash'n'go hair!"

mine's been wash'n'go for years now - too fine to do anything else with it!!!
maureen - love the pic! I'm seriously thinking of going much shorter, but my hair is really thick and really curly so if I go short it's still not "wash n' go" cause it goes "poof"!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #11  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
First, I am always leery of the store bought cooked chickens - they tend to inject them with lots of stuff for flavor and to make them last longer. Need to read the ingredients list carefully. I bake chicken with the skin on and then remove it before eating if I'm doing a whole chicken. But I'm careful with what I put on it too. I do usually stick a 1/2 onion inside it - gives a great flavor and helps keep the chicken moist.

I think you have to use your judgment on the 2 cups of veggies sometimes. A lot of times I weigh mine if they don't fit easily into a measuring cup. When in doubt i try to measure the larger pieces and then chop them up - like bell peppers. I slice them up and then chop them. Does that make sense? Even though I still measure, I'm pretty good at figuring out what will be a cup of something.

maureen - love the pic! I'm seriously thinking of going much shorter, but my hair is really thick and really curly so if I go short it's still not "wash n' go" cause it goes "poof"!
LOL ty I just posted this question on the daily chat! I don't use the store bought chicken myself, but if I can cook my chicken with the skin on that makes life so much easier!!!!! No defrosting, skin removal, then crock pot! I can go straight from frozen to crock pot!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Ruth this is me with a wig!! I'm treating myself to a new(cheap) wig every time I hit the next digits in my weight loss - 1 more to go - I picked up 4 so far!! lol -they're fun just have to get the nerve up to wear them more often - each one is a completely different style but all short
by the way I did buy 2 before I started IP!!

Last edited by maureen kempster; 04-12-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #13  
Started IP 04/22/2013

You look great in the wig maureen - what fun to have a bunch and make it easy on yourself to change styles!

I was at PT last week and a new woman was helping me out (somebody double booked my regular guy). We're going through the exercises and she says "so, you were in a car accident." I said "no, I lost 117 pounds and realized I had no muscle tone at all." She looked at me and said, "well, you aren't very big you must have been really...." She started stammering looking for the right word, so I helped her out and said "I was very round." Made me laugh. I've noticed people tell me I look really great and then say "not that you looked bad before." Like they are trying to not hurt my feelings. It's really sweet.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
You look great in the wig maureen - what fun to have a bunch and make it easy on yourself to change styles!

I was at PT last week and a new woman was helping me out (somebody double booked my regular guy). We're going through the exercises and she says "so, you were in a car accident." I said "no, I lost 117 pounds and realized I had no muscle tone at all." She looked at me and said, "well, you aren't very big you must have been really...." She started stammering looking for the right word, so I helped her out and said "I was very round." Made me laugh. I've noticed people tell me I look really great and then say "not that you looked bad before." Like they are trying to not hurt my feelings. It's really sweet.
Yeah...mee tooooo....I was a very short, no longer young, chubby lady....
Old 04-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Yeah...mee tooooo....I was a very short, no longer young, chubby lady....
LOL - exactly 65! It's hard to believe where I am now. The reality of putting on size 4 slacks in the morning sure makes it seem more real though! Who would have though I could lose 10 pant sizes in less than a year?
Closed Thread