View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #10
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'd hold off on the appreciation gift just yet lol, lose some weight first and then you can start thanking them. I'm always horrified when "health experts" talk about starvation mode, it just seems like such a dumb thing to say. You do need to eat enough calories so that you can keep up your energy, if you eat such low calories for a while it's more likely that you're probably setting yourself up for a binge than starvation.

I remember this pattern very well though, "I'm eating so little now!! and I don't even feel like I want any french fries wow!" and then BAM a few days later I wake up in a potato induced stupor. I can't speak for you but this is what happens to me when I eat so little.

The truth is that some days you will be hungrier than other days. It's human nature, don't think that because you didn't want chocolate today you won't want it tomorrow. Prepare for it, allow for it and eat adequately so that your body doesn't lash back.

“If you try to lose weight by shaming, depriving and fearing yourself, you will end up shamed, deprived, and afraid.” Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is online now   Reply With Quote