View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #11
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbsy View Post
I need help to stop my night binges and lose the pounds I have gained from them (I do want to lose the regained weight but for now it is more important to stop my awful binging behavior). So I just had this idea today that I will describe a typical day with its meals, activities and moods, and see if any of you kind friends could critique it, find where I am going out of path or what am I doing that is making me binge. Or have any ideas of what I could do to stop.

I what you to know that I know I have it good, I live with the shame of knowing that even though I have it good I don't do good enough. Here's the deal: I am single and childless and not by choice. I have an almost part time job that pays almost full time. I live with my parents and don't have the expense of a household, or family. I know a LOT of people that do so much better than me and have families, households, debt, etc.
It sounds like you have a nice set up, lots of freedom to come and go as you please and lots of time to do things you enjoy, it seems like a waste to lie in bed eating. None of your habits are unchangeable but that particular one seems especially to trigger binges.

First, you have to take care of your sleep. I agree with other posters who say move your medication time to earlier in the day if it's causing insomnia. And what's with the hour long torture dance with the alarm clock? What a waste of necessary sleep time! That reminds me of a funny story, I used to do that my first year of college and I had a roommate. She HATED my alarm clock because I would snooze for over an hour and then eventually turn off the alarm clock and skip class lol I can't believe I was such a schmuck. Anyway my dorm-mate one day lost her mind and started screaming at me in her pjs. It was something like "HOW CAN YOU KEEP US JOLTING AWAKE EVERY SIX MINUTES FOR OVER AN HOUR (and was pretending to convulse to the rhythm of every word) AND THEN SKIP CLASS ON THE ONE DAY A WEEK WHEN I GET TO SLEEP IN FOR A CHANGE????? ARGGHGGHGHG!"

So my point is, an hour of snoozing like that really messes up with your sleep pattern and there's lots of studies linking poor quality sleep with obesity. Your first priority should be to sort that out and get a good 7-8hrs a night.

5:29 is the best minute of my day
5:30 Have a snack. Yummy!!!!! Love this snack!!!!
6:30 Arrive at gym. Go pee 3 or 4 times because of anxiety. Talk to my friends. Love this part!
8:30 Work out, best part of the day!!!
10:00 Have dinner in bed watching tvů absolutely love and adore this part.

It's quite unclear which is your actual favorite part of the day. It's great that you can enjoy your work outs and eating and your snacks and sleeping and being social. That's what life is all about. But I'm having a really hard time imagining pure joy out of sitting in your bed watching television and eating. Can you take the tv out of your room? I don't know how old you are but my parents would never allow that no matter my age. Bedrooms are for relaxing and sleeping. They're not for eating, they're not for television and they are just about the worst place for a binge. Change your surroundings and you'll get yourself out of your rut. Things aren't so bad. Having breakfast later is fine, you don't need to force yourself to eat earlier, but your daily plan is setting you up for these binges, sequestering yourself in your bedroom might be the #1 reason you're doing this to yourself. I don't want to overeact to it if it doesn't bother you but being a secret binger for a longer time the thought of someone laying in bed eating fills me with my own terror. My binges ignite a fury of self-loathing so it's hard to relate to you when you say you "adore" this part.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote