View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #153
YoAdrian

Greetings all! W3D2 done. Those 3 min segments are killer... but kind of fun!

KarinRose, I discovered my ankle/knee issue kind of by accident. I was having some major shin splints, and was doing ankle exercises. I think someone suggested to me that I could still run with shin splints but it would be more comfortable if I taped my ankle. So, I did, and it really helped... not only with the shin splints, but with the knee pain too. (I'm not a doctor, but I suspect those issues are all related to my ridiculous overpronation on the right side.) I haven't been taping my ankle in this round because these runs are all relatively short, but I may start doing so if I feel pain. Also, I have been lacing my right shoe a little tighter and I think that is helping. It probably gives the stability shoes a better chance of doing their job. Anyway - I hope you find a solution that works for you. Ankle and knee pain is no fun!

justrunning, it sound like you are well on your way to being faster if you want. Don't sell yourself short -- if you can run 2 miles in a little over 25 min, then that must mean you are running a 12:30-13 min/mile pace. 10 min per mile is definitely within reach. I have faith in you!!
YoAdrian is offline   Reply With Quote