View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #67
Wannabehealthy
Happy to be healthy!

S/C/G: 217/ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

I have battled overeating for years. Up a few pounds, down a few, and every time the loss was less than the gain, so I ended up where I am. I have diabetes and my blood sugars have been out of control for a while. I recently decided that I don't want to lose my eyesight or any limbs, so I'd better do something.

Although I have tried every diet plan known to man, I finally quit dieting. I changed my eating habits permanently. I made 2 major changes. 1) I cut way back on carbs to lower my BS and 2) I researched nutrition. Before I eat anything I consider the nutritional value of that food. Cookies, cake, candy, chips, pretzels, have no nutritional value, and for some reason unknown to me, I now have no interest in eating them. I might eat too much at dinner, but if I do, it's nutritional food, not empty calories. This is a major change for me, as I have been a binger for many years. The weight is coming off, slowly, but surely, and my blood sugar average has dropped about 70 points.

I think for me it took something major threatening my life to make me change. I will always be a carb binger. I will never be able to go back to the way I ate before, for health reasons. I doubt if I could ever eat a slice of pizza without wanting to finish the whole thing. It's similar to alcoholism. Most of you girls sound young. I hope that you are all able to get a handle on this issue. Don't wait until you're an old lady!! LOL

"Whatever your goal, you can get there as long as you are willing to be honest with yourself about the preparation and the work involved."...Oprah Winfrey

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending...Carl Bard

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 04-09-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote