Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #1  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Breaking Up With Your Current Clinic

Looking for advice on changing clinics...

I recently found out that a Wellness Center that is closely associated with my personal doctor's office does IP (even though when I was researching on the IP website, it didn't not show up).

I talked to the new clinic's coach today and she said that there was a small transfer fee, but that since I was already familiar with the program I could just begin working with them. I am going to an info session on Thursday to get for her. I love the idea that they work closely with my Dr. because of some health issues. I love that my Dr. fully supports the work of this Wellness Center and IP.

My question is what about my current clinic?
-The "doctor" has been in the office one time and when I said hello to him, he completely ignored me (like I'm not one of his REAL patients...)
-Some of the questions that I have had about the program were not really answered to my satisfaction.
-I really like my coach, she is a great cheerleader, but I am not sure about her "expertise" past weighing in & selling product.

I think that it is time to break-up and move to the new center. Thanks in advance for any advice from people who have transferred?
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

If you're using a coach you are paying for a service and you should go where you feel the service will best suit you. It sounds like it would be a good move for you.

If you don't want to, don't even explain to your current clinic, just switch. If you feel the coaching has been sub-par, you really don't owe them anything.

If you want to have your records switched to the new clinic, you might ask for a copy to give the new clinic.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264.8 / 220.8 / 140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I can't offer any advice from experience, however I would go with my gut instinct.
It sounds like you would be more comfortable with the new clinic and possible get more answers and information there.
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #4  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
If you're using a coach you are paying for a service and you should go where you feel the service will best suit you. It sounds like it would be a good move for you.

If you don't want to, don't even explain to your current clinic, just switch. If you feel the coaching has been sub-par, you really don't owe them anything.

If you want to have your records switched to the new clinic, you might ask for a copy to give the new clinic.
You are a customer and it is up to you where you take your business. You have to look after number 1!

My challenge is that the clinic is in my doctors office and I would like to start looking at alternatives. Will my doctor be as supportive of my weight loss if she is not profiting from it?? I hope so.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #5  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Ruth Ann, CleanSlate, & ChipnDip:
Thank you so much for your thoughts! I have been extremely successful so far, that thinking about changing a variable is a little scary!
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote