Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Wonderslim 11

WOW! Hard to believe we are already on an 11th thread!

This thread is here to discuss all things Wonderslim, whether or not you are following their protocol. Afterall, WS makes wonderful products that can be utilized per the WS diet...or as alternatives to many other diets out there.

We want to hear about your challenges, your accomplishments, your downfalls, your successes, and your thoughts. We want to be your support system, and you be ours.

And let's have fun while we do it!

You can review old posts here:
Wonderslim 10
Wonderslim 9

I had created a list of my reviews which can be found HERE and you can also find some reviews others have posted HERE, although they will be jumbled with many other products as well.

Furthermore, food gets boring, so I suggest you jump to these locations for some recipe ideas. I have found that substituting comparable WS products in place of Ideal Protein has worked in MOST cases, but be aware, you are doing these at your own risk! The first one is my tested and proven ones...of course, the list is small, given I don't have it all on "ink and paper" yet.
"My" Recipes
MiX'N iN THE KiTCH'N

Alright...let's rock and roll this weightloss thing!

Last edited by zoesmom; 08-28-2013 at 11:23 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, I've been away from posting for awhile, been packing and doing paperwork and being very anxious about moving. Friday is closing day and I have a lot of anxiety about the move itself. I'm minimizing and downsizing and have thrown overboard every single thing that I was "storing" before as I'll have no storage. I'm going to do that "bring something in, something goes out" thing to fit into my little condo. There is some grief that goes with this, and just general anxiety about closing and the changes, but I generally thrive on change so this time next week I should be okay.

I have not gained but have not lost either. Holding steady for about the last month, have been eating regular food, even pizza and stuff when it's what is easy for me and my team who is helping me. I don't keep food at my house except for WS so when I have to feed people it's pizza or Chinese. I have also picked up ice cream a few times and been eating out of the candy dish at work. So, of course I'm not losing! But still holding my 25, with birthday cake and lunches and all.

My boss and I got back on the WS train Monday and vowed to stay strict until we vacation together on Sept. 26th for a week. It does help having a buddy, and when I stay on plan, I lose. It's funny to find out what things call to me when I'm giving myself permission to eat outside plan: for me it's pizza and ice cream, not doughnuts and hamburgers and chips like it might be for someone else. After several months strictly on plan this information is useful to me. Oh and don't forget candy. Apparently I have a little candy dish problem when I want to. Stop it Granny!

Glad to have the new folks and and old folks who have experienced these things as well. Here's what I know about this plan and others: It works if you work it! Wish me luck this weekend and I'll try to remember WATER IS MY FRIEND.
Nimblegranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/225.6/140

Height: 5'2"

I have a question about the portion sizes of the meat. Are the weights based on raw or cooked?
hrtrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #4  

Weights should be based on raw.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I've been following along the WS threads because I am stockpiling some WS foods to use in maintenance (I am doing Medifast now)...

Just wanted to share, I got an email this morning that dietdirect is having a Labor Day Sale, $10 off plus 5% off any $110 order and $15 off plus 10% off any $165 order... the codes are on the front page of the dietdirect site! There is also a banner at the bottom of my blog for $20 off your first order. So combined this is a heck of a deal! Plus if you click Sales & Discounts on the DD page there are several things still on sale, too.

I will go back to lurking now but am always very interested in anyone's reviews of the WS and similar products. I am getting a maintenance plan in place early so I do not mess up and flounder when I go off Medifast this time

Last edited by Lyn2007; 08-29-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

I just ordered shakes and entrees from WS using that coupon. After four months I still use the mocha and dark chocolate shakes/puddings, the chili or the pastas, and the bars every day that I 'm working the plan. But I love the convenience of the packets and knowing I'm going to have something every few hours, it works for me. When I cheat, I don't lose. When I stay on plan, I lose. It's pretty simple. The hard part for me is the L&G cos I'm sick of salad and I don't like to cook. You have to find out what works for you, and then stick with it!
Nimblegranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/225.6/140

Height: 5'2"

I received my stuff on Thursday and started that night, I work night shift so that was the start of my "day". Very difficult to try to get everything in while working a shift. Patients and emergencies don't really happen to allow for every 2-3 hour meals! But I muddled through and now Sunday night I stepped on the scale and was down 5 pounds! I am really happy the scale is going the opposite direction! I know it is water weight but I talked with a friend of mine who is a doctor. He told me that fat cells hold on to water and release the water before the fat, that is why we lose that water weight before losing fat. So I look at losing the water weight as priming the pump for my fat loss! And I was holding the water anyway and it was affecting the scale, so it had to go!
I always thought that when you lose water weight, you put it on when you drink water, so not the case! Unlike filling up the space left from the water weight loss, drinking it flushes out the toxins and actually keeps the water from being absorbed back into the fat cells. Now, I still have to force myself to drink the water since it is not my habit, but the drink flavors help.
Hope all are doing well this weekend! I am getting ready to drive to my next assignment in Vermont on Friday!
hrtrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #8  

HUZZAH hrtrn!

Must suck to have to find time to squeeze food in. I applaud you on both your efforts AND on the service you provide to people like me. It was the kindly nurses who saved my life a year (in conjunction with my kiddo and the doctors of course) ago and until that day, never realized just HOW much you all do. You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #9  

Nimble - purees are your friend

Spinach or cauliflower pureed to a smooth consistency blend WELL in our shakes. Can't taste them, and it helps get those veggies in! As for the meat part...uhm...can't help ya there...that involves cooking, I think!

Glad everything is going so well with your house
Old 09-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/135/120

Height: 5'3''

Question- When do you decide to stop with the shakes and move on to normal food? Is it once you completely have hit your goal?
Cgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #11  

Once you are ready....be it ready to move on, ready to stop with the shakes, or ready to see if you can do it on your own. Thing is, stop SLOWLY so you don't gain it all back
Old 09-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgrace View Post
Question- When do you decide to stop with the shakes and move on to normal food? Is it once you completely have hit your goal?
As soon as you feel comfortable in self-management you should slowly start carrying over. You can make a quick jump, but I think slowly is better because it gives your body time to adjust for one thing, but second thing is it gives YOU time to pace yourself without falling off track. It's better to realize you aren't ready and still have been doing partially right than it is to just try to do it yourself all in one big step and go backwards. Some people can just stop taking the food and carry on, others can't, it just kinda depends on you and your situation. Either way, you'll know mentally once it's time to start making that switch. ;-)
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/135/120

Height: 5'3''

Thank you! I guess I'll have to play around with it and see how it goes!
Cgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #14  
Awesome

S/C/G: 194.4/183.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing well. I'm still at 182. 2 people quit at work lately, and we've been busy, so I've had to start picking up some extra hours. And school is still a struggle this semester. Oh the excuses go on. I'm just glad to be maintaining and not re-gaining. It really is harder to restart than it is to just keep going, but I'm going to keep trying. My problem is when I work open to close and can't take a break every few hours to eat, so then I'm starving by the time I get home, and don't make good choices. Anyone have any suggestions? I work in a bank and can't really eat at the window, and I only get one break each day when we have a slow spot. Maybe I should get some bars and eat one as soon as I hit the car so that I'm not quite as starving?
Tifftastic05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifftastic05 View Post
Hey ladies! I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing well. I'm still at 182. 2 people quit at work lately, and we've been busy, so I've had to start picking up some extra hours. And school is still a struggle this semester. Oh the excuses go on. I'm just glad to be maintaining and not re-gaining. It really is harder to restart than it is to just keep going, but I'm going to keep trying. My problem is when I work open to close and can't take a break every few hours to eat, so then I'm starving by the time I get home, and don't make good choices. Anyone have any suggestions? I work in a bank and can't really eat at the window, and I only get one break each day when we have a slow spot. Maybe I should get some bars and eat one as soon as I hit the car so that I'm not quite as starving?
You may not be able to eat, but you CAN have drinks The shakes are your friend when you are unable to step aside for a meal. You can find fruit drink mixes (which are surprisingly good and filling) instead of the shakes, so it appears you are having only flavored water. Make your lunch the morning of or the night before. It chills well, especially the spicy mac and cheese...just add an extra ounce of water when making it. 30 seconds to reheat and instant and quick lunch! Add a bar and voila!

Remember to try and keep bars to one a day...they are just too high in carbs! I have found beef jerky (Jack's Link 2oz only) has the right amount of carbs, protein, fat, and calories and is a quick fix for hunger pains. A V8 is surprisingly filling....just make sure to count it as part of your veggies. The cream of chicken soup or the tomato soup, while not great, a wonderful for the "I need something quick" moments. They aren't amazing in the taste department, but they are not gag inducing either.

Where there is a will, there is a way. I know your pain. I fell off the wagon when I was on my predisone towards the end of July and beginning of August...what a pain to get back on track!