Thread: Wonderslim 11
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #121
zoesmom

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersweety View Post
Day 2! I stayed on plan yesterday and I absolutely love everything I had from Wonderslim! Love the Spicey Cheese and Pasta. I just had the creamy peanut butter bar and it was awesome. Haven't gotten much exercise yet, but yesterday we cleaned the cellar which was a lot if up and down the stairs carrying heavy boxes, so I think that counts, and today I chased a student around the playground for a while. Tonight is salmon with some spinach.
I have a question. How often do you all weigh yourselves? I tend to get obsessed with the scale, often weighing myself in the middle of the night if I get up for any reason. Then again when I get up in the morning.
Do you weigh yourself everyday, or once a week?
I am a math person. I like to see what stuff does to my body so I can accurately measure my progress. So I weigh twice a day. And I log those numbers on a spreadsheet. Here's the thing though, I DON'T care if the number goes up. Just as long as the overall tread is down. My "official" weigh in is always on Monday.

Rule of thumb, if you weigh daily, DO NOT DWELL ON THE NUMBER! It WILL go up, stay the same, drop 2 pounds, or only .1 pound. In fact, weekly weigh ins can have the same effect. Remember that weight loss is NOT linear, our bodies adjust and part of that adjustment makes our weight go wonky sometimes.

A better method to see how you are doing is to take up the tape measure. How do your clothes fit? How do you feel?

The scale measures weight loss...which can be fat loss, muscle loss, water weight loss, bone loss, ect.

The tape measure on the other hand mainly measures fat loss.

And isn't fat loss the real goal?

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote