View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #100
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
I had an IE moment at a brunch place yesterday. The place had various food stations where you could custom-order omelettes, crepes, waffles, mini-pizzas, etc. I chanced upon a warm beef sandwich station that looked really appetizing and ordered one. (Normally a beef sandwich would be the last thing I order. I'm an omelette and crepe gal.) It was delicious and totally hit the spot, so I didn't feel the need to order anything else.

It seems to me that an important part of IE is following your "food mood" of the moment (within reason, of course). If you're craving meat, eat meat, etc.

F.
Haha brilliant. You may be more of an intuitive eater than you think freelance!

Since I've been doing IE I realized something wacky. When I was following a diet, eating either the "approved food" or the "bad food" I was very narrow minded on food. I was either being good or binging on bad food I wasn't allowed to eat. Those choices were so limited. Now I find myself exploring new foods and eating foods that I previously thought I did not like. Last week as I was preparing my tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat I was shocked to realize that I wanted some freshly sliced tomato on that sandwich. I've never liked raw tomatoes before. Now they must be on my sandwich or else... tuna is really good with tomatoes by the way. And today, free to eat anything I wanted, I craved a fajita with left over sausage and veggies and I even topped it with low fat yogurt - something I considered diet food before.

It's surprising what your body craves if you allow it to crave something.

“If you try to lose weight by shaming, depriving and fearing yourself, you will end up shamed, deprived, and afraid.” Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote