View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #99
SouthernMaven
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
I had an IE moment at a brunch place yesterday. The place had various food stations where you could custom-order omelettes, crepes, waffles, mini-pizzas, etc. I chanced upon a warm beef sandwich station that looked really appetizing and ordered one. (Normally a beef sandwich would be the last thing I order. I'm an omelette and crepe gal.) It was delicious and totally hit the spot, so I didn't feel the need to order anything else.

It seems to me that an important part of IE is following your "food mood" of the moment (within reason, of course). If you're craving meat, eat meat, etc.

F.
Definitely an intuitive eating moment! Congratulations for honoring your body's wishes.

I've done the same thing. I've gone into a restaurant I frequent and where I am familiar with the menu ready to order a favorite meal, only to decide to eat something completely different. Generally it's because I may glance at the menu just to see if there's anything new and see something that's always been there but didn't appeal to me until just that moment. Or I might see someone eating a particular dish that suddenly just looks so yummy - why not try that?

I've never been disappointed when I change my mind at the last minute. And more often than not I don't have anything particular in mind when I sit down in a restaurant to eat. I'll order what is most appealing to me at that time.

Gone are the days of frantically searching a restaurant's menu online for nutrition facts and adding up calories to see what will fit into my "eating plan" before I get to the restaurant, then forcing myself to eat something I might not really want just to make sure I don't "go over" for the day.

God, I REALLY hated that. So glad those days are gone.

- Rob Stevens, The Overfed Head

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote