Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW242/CW207/GW150

Height: 5'3

Default I'm bored with weights...

Last year I tried losing weight and would do 30 mins of cardio and 30 minutes of weights, but this time around I am doing 40 mins of cardio (20 mins on the bike or elliptical and 20 mins walk/jog on the treadmill). But this time around I do not find myself excited or wanting to do weights. Any way to make it more fulfilling or fun doing weights?
tinamariefitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I just started adding strength back into my workout routine, and to keep it more "exciting" (is it ever exciting?), I'm going to be doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred once or twice a week as part of my strength (and cardio). Regular weight routines are pretty boring for me, but the video keeps it interesting.

I'm interested in seeing some other replies because this is part of what makes it hard for me to keep up with strength training.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW242/CW207/GW150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I just started adding strength back into my workout routine, and to keep it more "exciting" (is it ever exciting?), I'm going to be doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred once or twice a week as part of my strength (and cardio). Regular weight routines are pretty boring for me, but the video keeps it interesting.

I'm interested in seeing some other replies because this is part of what makes it hard for me to keep up with strength training.
Haha yeah it isn't too exciting. I used to enjoy it more than cardio and now I like cardio better. Grossly enough I love the feeling of being drenched in sweat
tinamariefitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I enjoy cardio much more than I like strength training. And it was strength training where I got injuries that I'm still trying to recuperate from.

I would encourage you to do a program of weights if you are going to do them. Like New Rules for Life. They have all sorts of different things you can do.... and once you can do one kind for the required reps, then you move on to something harder. Its' a fantastic program. (I didn't injury myself with that program - but with bodypump).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote