Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default Introducing myself & a question

Hi everyone, I started MRC in the middle of January, I've lost about 15 pounds, so not super fast but I seem to derail a bit on the weekends & do well during the week. I live 3 hours from the nearest center, so I'm doing the at-home program. My counselor, however, is not very good. She basically never contacts me, even though she said she would call every week. I usually email my weight to her once a week, and get a "great job!" Email back. I have spoken to her about this before, she said she works part time & that she is so busy dealing with everyone coming into the center that she has little time for her at home clients, so that has been a bummer. I will keep plugging along on my own though. My neighbor is doing MRC also, and we have been a good support for each other.

My question is, how do you cook dinner for your family & for yourself? I have 3 active kids & a thin husband who need to eat well. I have the cookbook but I don't want to have to use my supplements IN recipes, as they are so pricey that I try to mostly buy the clear & some creamys for night time. I have the 4 weeks of menu ideas, so breakfast & lunch are pretty easy, but dinner seems harder to know what to eat. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner?
Thanks!!
lattemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Welcome!! I'm not gonna be much help with you on this but I usually end up cooking two different meals. The only time that my family really eats what I eat is if I make turkey burgers.
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #3  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

First of all - call your center and get a different counselor. I had one like that and it was completely demotivating. So frustrating.

I guess I am lucky in that my kids are too little to cook so they have to eat what I make. We eat pretty simple meals - meat and vegetables. I make them rice or noodles or rolls to go with their food (if appropriate). I make a lot of recipes and slightly modify my portion (leave sauce off, etc.). Also, I know I stretch the plan sometimes. Last night we had hamburgers on the grill. The beef was extra lean and I had it without the bun. Tonight is ginger salmon.
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I agree with selway - I just add extra calories to their portion, either a starch, extra oil, cheeses, etc. Sometimes, if they want something like pizza, I make myself a different meal. If they're having burgers, I put mine over a salad. But generally, they like what I'm eating and we've tried to stay away from processed carbs as a family for years.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote