PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Default April 2014 - PCOS Support thread

Hey everyone, the March there is here.

I answered the food question there.

So, jump right in, tell us if you're around this month and what you're up to!

What's going on with your PCOS and your weight/health goals?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #2  

I'll try to be here more often. I was traveling most of March, so I missed out the last few weeks.

I have to travel again but I should be here for the majority of April.

I lost 3 lbs in the month of March, which is GREAT. I am so happy, especially because I was traveling and traveling has always been my weakness for food and stuff. But I tried to control myself and I think it worked.

Now, I'm just going to continue to down the good healthy food path in April and get back on track. I wanted to be much closer to my goal weight by May, but I'll settle for being at 160, maybe???
Old 04-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #3  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Hi, I lost about 9Lbs in March which isn't too bad. But I've fallen off the wagon. The stress at work is getting to me and I've gained a few pounds (around 2lb) Just have to cope and deal with it I suppose although I tend to turn to "bad food" when I am stressed and miserable. I've done my 2nd round of prelim tests and waiting for a re-referral to the hospital to begin clomifene treatment. I cant wait to be honest!
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,

I had an appointment with a nurse practitioner last week and I may go for my fasting blood work tomorrow. She mentioned that some of my hand problems may be linked to being B12 deficient, so that will be tested too. They won't test for D3 levels because "everyone is low".
And I have an appointment next month to get an electrodiagnostic test done to confirm my carpal tunnel.

Oh, and we found out that we have to move. Arghhhh...we haven't been here 2 years! DH is being relocated to a different city for work. So our to-do lists are a mile long to get the house ready.

Weight wise...I've gone up But the snow is going down down down It will be nice to get out more now and get the old body moving.

Hope you all are having a great day!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #5  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Hello I am new to really talking much about my PCOS. I am not on my meds right now.

I am down 2.8lbs this week but my diet has not been really on plan. I didn't binge so thats always a plus and I am doing fairly well carb wise overall. But I ended up eating an entire small jar of peanut butter over the week! Too much snacking and not enough focus on my meals.

I also read this: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0324111308.htm & thought it was very interesting as I suffer from depression & anxiety disorder.
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #6  

I am back!

I did better with my diet/weightloss the last couple of weeks and I am happy I am getting in a good space here.

I'm down a little bit (which is better than being up, which is always what happened before with my travel!).

I also need to get back to the doctors to get lab tests run and schedule an appointment with the gyno.

But overall, things are good!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I am still here!

A lot in my personal life with eldercare.

But me? I had my last endoc appt.

I continue to respond to treatment and all my values (insulin, testosterone, etc) keep climbing down. Slowly, but going down.

I'm still on Metformin 2000 mg and thyroid med.

The biggest thing was still solving the lack of energy problem -- most of that lied in vitamin/supplement changes.

The prescription Vitamin D was a big boost, as was taking sublingual B12 every other day. I've also included D-chiro-inositol. After a short time on that (3 weeks?) I had my first natural non-Provera period in over a year. Woot! I don't know if it was from that or that I was leading up to it anyway but I don't care. It was nice to have.

I went back to a one tablet Centrum even though I was doing really well with the Women's Hormone Rainbow Light system but taking 6 extra pills vs 1 was driving me crazy. I might go back, but I just wanted the break! It's def a challenge to keep up with so many vitamins but the improvements have been SO worth it. I really was dragging there for a while. I was very deficient.

Some of it is the Metformin -- it trashes B12 according to my endoc. But some of it is the PCOS itself. Some I am sure is my diet -- whose diet couldn't be better?

I have almost cut out all wheat.

I am sleeping better and feeling more restful sleep, and the afternoon energy slump now feels like "normal people tired" and not like "zombie land exhaustion, kill me now!" to me.

I check back with http://pcosfaq.com/ to see how I'm doing so in case that is helpful to anyone.

I tried making new walking buddies but that's not working out like I hoped. I'll keep trying though.

I am enjoying the PCOS Diva motivation app reminder thingie.

I've lost 5-6 lbs since I last checked in.

That's what's been new with me in PCOS land.

Hope you are all doing great!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-20-2014 at 01:40 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone!

I'm still here, although I'm not checking in as regularly. My weight loss continues, but it's slow. I'm finally back in the range I was in at the start of 2013ish... I still need to get down to 161 to get to where I was before I regained some of the weight last year.

My BF has lost so much weight, and so quickly too. But he has much more discipline than I do! Oh and of course, he's a man and loses weight so much faster than I do.

My period is also changing, not sure how to explain it. I don't know if it's the weight loss, the diet, or something else. I need to get those lab results to see what's going on, I guess.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #9  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

I just got a call about my blood work results. My thyroid is elevated a bit and I need to test again in 6 weeks. Of course, I didn't ask for numbers (duh!). She didn't think it was enough to be medicated at the moment. I'm always borderline with test results and that is aggravating! Even being borderline can cause big issues...sigh.

Anyhow, B12 and iron look good.

Hope you all are doing well! Still working on packing up the house and getting ready to sell....that's where my brain is at right now.
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

May PCOS Support Thread

Come on over to May!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-01-2014 at 02:00 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote