View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
MonteCristo

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but I think it may be just what I need.

I was a very dedicated member of 3FC back a few years, losing from 220 to 155 over the course of 2 years. And then a pretty serious family crisis hit, which lasted about 3 years, and completely upset my apple cart. It has been resolved now, but the anxiety issues that I developed during that time got steadily worse and worse. I've always disliked crowds and unexpected changes in plans, but it got to the point I was having panic attacks on a daily basis for apparently no reason, and if a room I was in was small or got crowded things were immeasurably worse. I'm very short tempered anyway, and the constant state of anxiety caused me to be basically vicious all the time. I self medicated with food causing my current weight problem. Finally, enough was enough, and my doctor put me on an anti-depressant, which was awesome...like I was a whole new person.

However, over the past 2-3 years I've gotten in the habit of doing nothing, mainly because it was all I could do to just get through the day at work, and then just sit on the couch the rest of the time. I'm having the hardest time getting back to exercising or cooking or just about anything. I don't "feel" depressed, I partially think I'm just lazy, but I'm ready to start taking little steps towards being "normal" again. I've started cooking again, and started back with some hobbies (finally finished a headboard I started 1 year ago), so I'm feeling good about that, but I know I have a ways to go.

Anyway, so that's my story. I want to lose weight for general health reasons, and specifically because I have severe neck and back pain when I'm heavier, and it is gotten pretty bad since I've been over 220. More energy is another goal.

Thanks for reading all that...felt good to type it out.

Starting Weight - 250 (06/23/14)
Mini Goal #1 - 240 (07/01/14)
Mini Goal #2 - 230 (09/10/14)
Mini Goal #3 - 220

MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote