Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5ft 10 (tall!)

Default Feel like I need support!

Hi there,

So - I guess a little about me is needed!

I've yo-yoed with my weight for years - but I've slowly piled on the pounds. I gained almost 2 stone in the last year (even writing that has made me cringe) and yesterday, when I couldn't zip up my skirt, it struck me.

I've always done it alone. I keep it secret, I didn't want to be judged, and at the end of the day it's only me who knows about that extra biscuit, the fact I skipped my run 3 times last week.

I guess I'm coming here for the same reason most are - for a little encouragement that I can do it and that biscuits are not the way forward

So today is day one of healthy eating - I'm going running tonight (even in the rain) my meals for the week are prepared and my food diary is ready.

I just need you guys to let me know I can do it, and I can keep doing it - and I'd love to give you that support right back

Thanks,
MarmiteQueen
MarmiteQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #2  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Sounds to me like you have the keys to your success right in your hands with the preparations and plans you have made already. You can do this as long as you stay focused and visit here often to find that much needed encouragement and motivation that you seek to help you succeed.

I look forward to reading about your successes in the coming months. Best wishes,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/155/120

Height: 5'2"

yes you can!

I'm exactly where you are, and i believe in myself and you.

I tend to lose all progress I've made over a couple of weeks due to a couple of days of reverting to bad habits. But being here, sharing with everyone who's supportive and not judgemental, is helping improve behaviour. i'm not quite there yet, but I'm sure it will.

So good luck and we're cheering you on
maddierep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:57 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

You can do it but do you really want to spend your life running in the rain. Weightloss formula: 80% diet, 20% exercise.

Get that right and you'll be fine. You don't have to cut your calories to drastic levels. the higher the better but pay attention to what you are eating, how its prepared, where it comes from, when you eat it. etc.

check out my food diary in the link below.

you can do it. Its not that hard but it does take a few key factors to get right. And a lot of detmination, patience, faith, and so on. As well as "sensibleness" ;-) I didn't want to say common sense because well many just need more education, more knowledge would help.

Good luck.

Last edited by Pattience; 04-08-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5ft 10 (tall!)

Thanks so much for the support!

@Pattience, you're right - but running is my distraction from cooking and thinking about food. I live in a social house where 6 people cooking dinner at once makes it very hard to avoid snacking etc I find that running/yoga in the evening instead of being around all of that helps - and I hope my "sensibleness" lets me keep it up!

and Firegirl and Maddie rep - thanks for your words of support too
MarmiteQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #6  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Welcome! I just started my own weight loss journey - - we all know that feeling of "enough is enough!!"

I wish you lots of luck - looking forward to seeing your posts of progress
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Sounds like you enjoy the exercise quite a bit. Good on you. Sometimes, in fact, when i do it, i quite like it too. I still can't keep it up though. I know other people seem to have more persistence than me in this area.

I've lived in a shared house like that. There were five of us in our house. But alas, we never had that problem.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #8  
YumaDeb

S/C/G: 205/152.6/145

Height: 5'5.58"

Welcome, MarmiteQueen, you have come to the right place. I am fairly new here as well and never fail to find new insights and support whenever I login.
YumaDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Best wishes, MarmiteQueen! I am sure, given that you seem to already know what the solution is, that you can stick with what you know will be the right course of action.
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #10  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

You are off to a great start! Planning is so important. Without it, you are apt to make poor choices or let your cravings dominate you.
I exercise because I feel better after I do it. I hate it, but I've been pretty consistent for over twenty years.
Best to you--I am confident you will achieve your goals!
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote