View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #54
betsy2013

S/C/G: 396/348/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Still raining here, but we're supposed to have some warmer, sunny days soon......the yard awaits!

Sam Yoo Hoo on the 3 pounds! Hope the walk on the beach got that vitamin D going. Sounds like not only are you getting healthier, but it's spilling over to your guy even if he isn't really acknowledging it.
Jane You're going to be hitting the 360s soon -- way to go. Sounds like you've had a great weekend. Should we make signs for our kitchen that say Nibble Free Zone?
Ubee How well I remember when those first really warm days would arrive in the Midwest. I think everyone who was mobile would end up outside for a celebration of having survived another winter -- which was truly a bad one for you all this year. Hope that Mt. Washmore gets conquered today.....mine is done, but then I only have to wash for one person. Glad that Wild Woman is back and for giving me a boost on not rationalizing. I need to spend less time thinking through this and more time doing.
Silent Arctic YOU ARE NOT A FRAUDSTER. Sorry for the shouting, but wanted to make sure you heard that. The blood work is worrisome, but the next readings may be back in the healthy range. And you know we all hope that diabetes is not diagnosed. The hemoglobin levels may explain a whole lot of what you've been feeling lately. The main thing is you're doing the right thing by going to the doctor, figuring out what's what. Glad to see that your social life is picking back up. I've always been in awe of how busy you stay, and you haven't posted much about it lately. Hang in there. We all care about you.

Nothing got done around here yesterday other than I decided that a rainy day deserved at least an hour of reading my murder mystery. I ended up falling asleep in the recliner and slept for 4 hours. I was able to sleep last night, so guess I had just worn myself out doing who knows what. Much more committed today in all ways. One of the things I am learning from this is that not only do I have to eat right, but that my mood, energy levels, etc. really impact how well I do. I am beginning to be convinced that being healthy means you love yourself as much as you love others. Doesn't turn us into selfish, self-centered people, but it does allow us to put enough focus on getting healthy through eating better and exercise and just not letting ourselves get to the exhaustion point. OK, on those pearls of what are probably obvious to everyone else words of wisdom, I shall go make a taco salad.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote