View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #137
Elladorine
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafadhali View Post
Elladorine, I feel the same way about the longer running times. The short runs are great for conditioning but they're actually really hard because they don't give you enough running time to get warm and get into a rhythm. My favorite part of runs is after the first mile when I'm warmed up, in the groove and not yet tired. So fun to work on that nice little zone where running doesn't totally suck!! LOL
It's good to know I have that to look forward to! I have noticed it seems to get easier at the end and actually want to keep going, which is a new feeling for me. I'm still sticking with the program though so I can work on my stamina. I'll be happy work on my speed much later on; I'm super-slow but happy that I can last, lol!

Got through W4D2 last night, and actually ran during daylight! I'm not nearly as self-conscious about running in public a I used to be (I think I got over that last year), but I get a little nervous about overheating from the sun (I'm in the desert). It was pretty cool last night so it worked out well. And I took a couple of photos of the neighborhood during the walking portions, hope you guys don't mind me showing off my local scenery.

Direct link.

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★

Last edited by Elladorine : 04-06-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote