Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #1  

Default IP weekend chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #2  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Happy Weekend everyone!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #3  

Default Happy Weekend

This is my first weekend in IP. I am eating something good today. Got the idea from another poster... Taking the chili packet and putting it on a salad ..with onions, peppers, mushrooms. It's pretty tasty! I did a bad thing this morning something I promised not to do. I stepped on my scale. This is day 5 and no movement. I decided not to worry and just keep going as it's bound to move at some point. I won't be doing that again.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #4  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy7613 View Post
This is my first weekend in IP. I am eating something good today. Got the idea from another poster... Taking the chili packet and putting it on a salad ..with onions, peppers, mushrooms. It's pretty tasty! I did a bad thing this morning something I promised not to do. I stepped on my scale. This is day 5 and no movement. I decided not to worry and just keep going as it's bound to move at some point. I won't be doing that again.
As frustrating as it is when we want the scale to show our progress, remember that:
- weight loss is not a linear process
- the body is always making adjustments. When it's doing this, sometimes it is hanging on to more water. This affects what showing up on the scale
- the scale is not the only place that gives confirmation of victories. If we look only to the scale for confirmation of success, we are bound to face periodic disappointments. Cast a wider way of looking at things. The scale is only one tool and it's not 'God'!

I do step on the scale everyday. It's not always a good practice but my scale (Withings) transmits a digital graph to my iPhone. Though the graph shows a steady progression over time in a downward trend over time, it also shows how up and down bumps and stalls are part of the journey. Just the way it is.

If you can step on the scale and still remember the big picture, then the particular number is not so distressing... But that can be hard (in my experience at times...not always so up to rising up for the big picture!)

Keep going! You'll get there! In fact because you are doing this, you are in a way already there!

xoxo

Last edited by Annik; 04-06-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #5  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Here is a screen shot of the last six months of my journey. Though I have been successful, lots of bumps from the scale's point of view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.6 KB, 56 views)
Old 04-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #6  

Thanks for sharing. I have and "old school" scale. Maybe I should consider getting a new one.... That is pretty cool that it send it to you iPhone! Thanks for your support!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #7  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Hello 16's good bye 18's WOOT WOOT... the last week has been good to me!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

Yesterday(Day 2) morning, I had a leg cramp that about killed me! Today...still sore!!! I cannot flex my foot or walk properly. Anyone have this happen?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Yay for you!!! Congrats
Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #10  

Quote:
You look awesome! Congrats!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #11  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Congrats!

Just shows how different body types are and the differences in brand sizing. I weigh almost the same as you and I am still in a 20! I don't even remember when I was in an 18!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #12  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Last night we went to a Greek place for dinner. I got the low carb plate and even had them hold the tomatoes from the Greek salad. (With green peppers and cuties on a bed of romaine they actually gave me more than 2 cups of veggies!) I thought I was doing pretty good. I knew I would be a little high in the oil but I was ok with that. I was really enjoying it until I suddenly realized they probably used red wine vinegar! I worried all night as I know that's a no no. I used my ketostix this morning and I was fine. So I looked at the nutrition info on my RWV and it is 0-0-0! Even online at nutrition data it is 0.6 for a whole cup! And cider vinegar is 2.2 carbs for the same amount. I don't get it.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Way to go!

So happy the weekend is here. I have been super hungry all week, hoping it will get better. Struggled with constipation. Someone suggested drinking Metamucil which is a fibre powder mixed in water but no calories. I thought it may also help with the hunger. Any thoughts?
Old 04-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #14  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
Yesterday(Day 2) morning, I had a leg cramp that about killed me! Today...still sore!!! I cannot flex my foot or walk properly. Anyone have this happen?
I have not had this, but I thought I just read on the daily chat a couple of days back about someone else having this. It was suggested to talk to your coach as they sometimes up your magnesium intake. I believe that fixed it for that person. Hopefully, they will chime in. Otherwise, I think it was on Wednesday, but don't have time to look back right now. (I'm painting my dining room. ) Feel better.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
That happens to me on occasion and my coach told me to take an extra potassium at night in addition to the one I take in the morning for a couple of days. Worked like a charm.

Make sure you're getting all your salt in too.
Closed Thread