View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #23
Elladorine
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/203/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis View Post
The only thing I can add here is that I was experiencing severe migraines that would literally put me in bed and make me so sick. I was actually on prescription meds for migraines when I ran across an article saying that there was a connection between aparteme and migraines. I thought, ok lets see. I totally stopped eating/drinking anything with it in it. I have not had any migraines since. That's been a few years now. Just some food for thought......
I went through something similar back around 2008. It got so bad that I'd easily spend a week in bed, unable to function. After I made the connection I remembered my father had similar issues with from eating low-calorie mints! I read all labels now and haven't had any migraines since.

I don't seem to have any reaction to any other non-nutritive sweeteners, and am losing weight just fine while occasionally having soda sweetened with either sucralose or stevia. I much prefer that over the roller-coaster that regular soda does to my blood sugar (I'm a former diabetic).