View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #94
berryblondeboys
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
I'm over 40 so I hear and feel the same way about discouragement over the constant vigilance.

Let's say in order to lose and maintain a weight we are happy and healthy with we have to be spot on for the rest of our lives.

So what? What's the alternative? Dying at 60 a fat, unhappy mess, or hopefully living into our 90's a healthy, less unhappy mess? I think our families would prefer the latter probably.

I know it's easier to say then to feel, and people being intelligent, they KNOW it's the truth, and there are going to be times when the struggle and depression becomes too much, that we give up. Sometimes that will last for a long time. The important thing is to come out of it, to reaffirm what is really important, and move in a positive way again.
Yep... This is perfect. I hate that I am doing a little bit of yo-yoing, but better to yo-yo a bit and to figure it out than to just say "to heck with it" and give up.

And I'm not starting from zero. I am still down over 30 pounds from where I was and I have not lost all my fitness (was exercising regularly through end of October). While it will FEEL like I'm terribly out of shape, I didn't lose 3 plus years of strength training and fitness in those months. I can STILL see muscle that wasn't there 4 years ago.

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote