View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #129
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkissed View Post
I read somewhere one time about the difference in some random candy bar vs an expensive really well made piece of chocolate, & how instead of wasting calories on some crappy candy that isn't even very yummy you can savor a piece of chocolate that is worth the calories. I really like that. I usually don't order dessert when I go out but once I got this chocolate cake type thing that was literally to die for. It was heaven in my mouth lol And was so very much worth every calorie lol
That's very true. I've found that thinking this way has helped me curb eye cravings - like you know when you suddenly get faced with a yummy food? For example someone just brought in a box of muffins to work and suddenly there's a tempting blueberry mountain right in front of you. What do you do? I've developed a habit that when I'm tempted with something immediate I think long and hard about "what would taste better than this blueberry muffin?" and if I can think of something that usually takes the tempetation away. Or I think "gee I make awesome blueberry muffins myself!" and then by promising myself that I'm going to make some when I get home that too gets rid of the immediate trigger to eat the muffin.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote