View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:53 AM   #157
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! Sorry for those of you who post in the bikini thread too, I know it's annoying to read the same post but I think I will add a bit extra to my posts here since I know you guys read it!!

Well for my weekday recap:
Nutrition Goals
  • Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day: Fail! I know, it's the EASIEST thing to do and I keep letting it slip!
  • Make meals, no ready meals: Success! Boyfriend and I have been taking it in turns this week. We've had meatballs, a beef bowl and vegetable fajitas. I had a veggie meal!! Holy wow!
  • Don't buy junk food: Fail! I think it's pre-period monster alert but I've been bad with this. I need to get my boyfriend in on it too since he usually asks me what I want from the shop and then I say chips or chocolate. Baaad, Rie!!

Exercise Goals
  • Run x 1 a Week: Success! I've ran TWICE this week! Go me! Getting faster as well!
  • Strength train x 1 a Week: Success! I did it!! That was ROUGH! [I will come back and edit this post as soon as I've done it. I've got it all written up what I want to do, just finding the inspiration to DO IT!]

Overall I think I'm doing well! Like I mentioned, I'm psyching myself up to do a strength workout. I actually prioritised this workout over hanging out with some of my boyfriends friends. I know that sounds sad, but I'm actually really proud that I made a stand and said that my health is more important! If it were MY friends and plans that I had made, that would be different, but just a tag-along-invite is something I think I can turn down to work out. Once it's out of the way I'm going to potentially meet up with them afterwards, I just wasn't going to rush/not do my workout to make it in time.

Tonight, however, I'm going to be hanging out with my boyfriends friends for a very late birthday celebration for him. People are intending on getting messy with the drinking...which is really not that appealing to me anymore! I drink 1 alcoholic drink and I feel really bloated and dehydrated! If I can keep drinking water then I'm fine though! I'm sure it'll be a fun night, I'm not a buzz kill, I don't need alcohol to loosen up and have a good time.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with friends for a picnic, potentially in the rain! Hoping the weather clears up for us as it's super random at the moment. It gets cloudy and rains then brightens up completely (repeat cycle!).

I'm actually really curious to know how much I weigh. I don't have a scale with me at the boyfriends place, so I literally have no idea if this hard work is getting me anywhere! The last time I weighed myself I was around 165 lbs, but I think it was after a pretty bad day so I hope it's gone down. I would be over the moon if I made it into the 150's without even knowing it! But that's a bit of a pipe dream, I'm always one to lose weight quite slowly.

Also, random question: Is lemon tea healthy? I bought this bottle of iced lemon tea and on the nutrition guide it says it has NO sugar in but it tastes so sweet...I really love the stuff as a substitute for coke but I'm a bit worried it's not doing me any good!

----

kailpea - Glad I'm not the only one!! It's interesting that your opinion has changed about the difficulty of nutrition, I think that's why this challenge is so great because it allows you to really focus on all the little details. When it all aligns then we'll be weight losing machines! Your cramping is probably due to dehydration. Don't worry about speed, we all start from the beginning! You can do it! You can redo a phase if that's what feels comfortable for you =)

Silver - Oh man, I hate that so much!! Hope we can hear more in detail from you soon, but great to hear you're doing fine!

milesaway - I usually just want to hang out with my friends at my house for my birthday, but since being in Tokyo is exciting I figured I might as well go out and about! My back is completely fine now, thanks so much for asking! I think just let him do his thing, perhaps talk to him about how great your workout was at the gym without being overly obvious and he'll start to feel guilty he's not doing anything! But if he wants to be lazy, then I guess you just have to accept that. It did help emailing him you know...that's quite sweet that they still write on his facebook wall. Definitely complete a phase properly! If you kind of half arse a phase then it just doesn't make sense!

Last edited by Riestrella : 04-05-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote