View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #21
cleanslate

S/C/G: 264.8 / 220.8 / 140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I enjoyed reading all the comments on artificial sweeteners.
I have been trying to do some research on a number of things, including artificial sweeteners all the way to which omega 3 is a good one for me to take. It has been a bit overwhelming trying to figure out which supplements I need.
I haven't figured out how to follow a thread, I thought I read that one day but have forgotten where I saw it. So if anyone responds I do hope I find this topic again.
I know stevia is also processed, I just thought since it was plant derived it was not as bad as the others.
I hope to learn more about how artificial sweeteners affect our insulin response.
Of all the artificial sweeteners out there I try to find products with stevia...example: my flavored protein powder.
I had started out Feb 26, 2014 on a program similar to Ideal Protein, only much more limited products and horrible taste for most of it, not to mention the huge cost. So I have been trying to find my own protein powders and supplements.
When I use up the current supplements that came with this plan, one of the items I will switch to will be chromium picolinate ..... unless there is a better version I am not aware of....to help control the blood sugar cravings thing.

I used to eat sugar several times a day before Feb 26.
I sure do understand the social part of eating, before I never really thought about it. It doesn't matter where I go there is always someone pushing sugary foods at me, I have to just say I am full, or maybe later, and try to change the subject. It certainly isn't easy, but it is worth it.
I don't know if I will ever be able to have a slice of my homemade pie, or other occasional desserts. I am not anywhere near that point so I don't know if it will trigger a major sugar craving, cave-in or binge.
I just keep telling myself that the way I am currently eating might be the way I have to eat for the rest of my life and I will handle it the best way I can.
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote