Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #1  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Default Posts disappearing

Hello to the Admins!

Just wanted to let you know, several of us have posted things in several threads all over the forums, only to have our posts disappear. At first, they appear in the thread, but a few hours later, they're gone. I know mine weren't deleted, as they were simply food counts and stats. Same with a couple of other folks, I know none of the Admins would have deleted theirs, as they contained similar comments that did post, but then disappeared.

Just figured I'd give you ladies a heads up!

Thanks for reading

Audrey, aka Steelslady
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #2  
it's always something

That sounds very strange! Can you give us an example of a thread with missing posts? Also, a few other usernames that experienced this? I'd like to look because some posts may be 'temporarily deleted' for some reason. If we can see the thread, we may be able to see if the posts were removed on purpose.

Thanks!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #3  
Going down, my way!

General Diet Plans

Fiber Counting thread started by Lilianne- posts 221 and 222 of the last page have members talking about missing posts, mine also went missing (2 of them)

two of my posts disappeared from the Weight Loss Support board- one was in the "Join the June Challenge" thread started by cheyenne (the thread is currently on page two of that board right now)- I posted in there asking if anyone could help me fix the google doc page, as it showed me having a loss of something like a 112 pounds or something- nothing offensive, I don't think, in that post.

The other was in a thread by berryblondeboys- I forget which thread, sorry, but I posted support and encouragement, nothing that broke any rules or was offensive, I promise.

Another thread by berryblondeboys- Onederland thread, in the Weight Loss Support group- posted that I wanted to participate in it- it posted, but then an hour or so later, it was gone.

There was another thread that others were complaining of their posts disappearing, but for the life of me, I am not sure where on the board it was- it was a couple of days ago. One of my posts disappeared from there, too, and it was generally the same as my other posts- just daily stats and support of other members.

Thanks for looking into this, Suzanne! I appreciate it!

Last edited by Steelslady; 04-04-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #4  
it's always something

Thank you so much for the detailed response! I checked the threads in question, and I can't find any evidence of the posts that you made. Nothing has been intentionally deleted by a moderator. Someone in tech is going to investigate this and see if they can find out what is happening. Your details will be very helpful, thanks
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #5  
IBAlex

Default Trying to reproduce the issue

Hello ladies,

my name is Alex and I'm new to 3FC. I'm here to help you with any technical problems you might encounter on the site, working as a liaison between you and the tech team.
I started testing the issue with disappearing posts today. I posted 3 replies in the forums that Steelslady said were affected by the bug and I will see if they disappear as well.

I will keep you updated. Thanks!
Alex
Old 04-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #6  
Going down, my way!

Thank you, Suzanne and Alex- much appreciated! I haven't seen any more issues since then, but will let you know if it happens again on this thread.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #7  
IBAlex

Default Update

Hello,
I've been working on that for the past 2 days, trying to reproduce the issue but I don't see it happening anymore either. It might have been some one day database problem that affected the site.
If you see it happening again, please let me know and I will continue working on it.

Thank you!