General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #1  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Default Do you have a "Reward System" to keep yourself motivated?

Whether it's by pounds lost, # of veggie servings a day, # of times exercised in a month, # of times you resisted the urge to splurge....

What is your system?

My Hubby and I came up with one for my weightloss.
I would like to lose about 120-130 lbs, so the reward is for every 5lbs lost we would put $20 aside and that would go into a special "piggy bank". When I get to goal weight then I have a fund to buy myself a new wardrobe as a reward! I LOVE shopping...the idea that I will have a budget that won't break the bank as a reward for getting to my goal is exhilarating!
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #2  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

Height: 5'3"

I love that idea!(And may use it for myself!) My hubby and I are starting to eat healthy and go to the gym. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, and I'm not going to struggle anymore! We are total foodies, so rewards usually come in the form of a fancy dinner or something like that....I think ours will go towards a much needed vacation! Thank so much for the idea!
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

I try to reach certain milestones by specific dates such as a certain month, wedding, holiday or birthday. My reward is a new outfit or piece of jewelry for that occasion (nothing expensive).

My goal to get through Christmas was just to not gain anything, which I managed to do. The best reward for me then was that my clothes fit more comfortably.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/230/120

Height: 5'4"

I like the idea of putting money aside for a certain number of pounds lost. I'm going to start doing that!
Coffeelover64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:55 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

No. Losing weight is reward in itself. And the benefits flow.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #6  
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 174/172/145

Height: 5'5

When I lost weight in my early twenties I had a goal/rewards system set up. By the time I got down to my goal though, I was more focused on the healthy aspect of my weightless. I hope to get there again one day in the future!
psychedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #7  
Beach Enthusiast

S/C/G: 141(64kg)/141(64kg)/110(50kg)

Height: 155cm

i give small rewards for myself, but it has to support my diet & exercise plan.
So far I've rewarded myself with a new exercise top, next is going to be a new yoga mat
yohasoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #8  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

My first year I got through by planning the dresses I was going to wear to myriad events, mostly weddings. They were my rewards. I spent a ton on clothes. I'm sort of doing the same thing now because I have a few weddings coming up.

I don't usually think of it as a reward though because I'm so thrilled to lose the weight, and I need the new clothes. I guess I'm too spoiled because I can't think of much I need.

Except travel I guess. I'm FORCING my poor bf to take me on a trip this summer. (He enjoys it, but he's such a penny pincher that the thought of spending any of our hard earned dosh just bugs him).
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #9  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

I've only just started to think about a reward system...I really like the money idea.

My first reward I think will be buying a new belly button ring when I hit Onederland. I don't even know why I have this piercing, as no one ever sees it but the bf, but I've had the same one since I got it pierced 7+ years ago and I think it would be nice to have something new to want to work towards showing off!

I think mani/pedi or haircut/color would be nice rewards, too!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

Sadly rewards don't work for me. I used to hold on to old pairs of pants and now I chuck them so I won't go up in size. That's the closest I let myself get to a "reward."
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #11  
Cat Cuddler

Actually, it really upsets my mother in law when I lose weight. Whenever I don't eat at a family event or she knows I am on a diet, and sees that I am losing, she pushes food at me like crazy. She actually goes into a panic.

I am ashamed to admit it, but a reward for me is to really piss her off.

Last edited by doingmybest; 04-06-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #12  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingmybest View Post
Actually, it really upsets my mother in law when I lose weight. Whenever I don't eat at a family event or she knows I am on a diet, and sees that I am losing, she pushes food at me like crazy. She actually goes into a panic.

Oh my I just died laughing! MILs can really be trying, can't they?

Last edited by nibog; 08-08-2014 at 10:27 AM.
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #13  
Cat Cuddler

Hi nibog!

I am so glad that my post made you laugh! I am wishing you all the best!

Yes, in laws can be very trying! For me, I don't mind if someone is a little annoying once in a while as long as they have good intentions. In my mother in law's case, she was always out to hurt and criticize me. When I am big, she loves to put me down constantly. When I am losing weight, she really freaks out. She is thin, so she feels superior to me in that way.

What I started to do is to speak back to her and set some boundaries, but never disrespectfully. When she pushes food at me, I say to her "don't you want to support me in my effort to be healthy? Please do not offer me anything." When she makes comments about how much money we spend, I say "what we do with our money is none of your business." Whenever she puts me down about any subject, I have come back with a response.

I spent years taking crap from her and trying to get my husband to handle her, but he wouldn't do it. I became so upset and frustrated, I started to manage her the best way I could. She got the message and backed off. Now, I rarely see her or speak to her and I have been so much happier! Interestingly, now that I don't have the Misery of being around her as much or listening to her crap, it is easier for me to stay on my weight loss program instead of eating from stress.

Managing situations like this have been a huge reward for me!

Last edited by doingmybest; 04-04-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #14  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingmybest View Post

I've won the mother in law sweepstakes, she's an angel. My father in law is a royal pain in the *** though. My aunt though? She's a night mare about dieting - even when it's due to genuine issues like Celiac! She refused to make anything GF for my sister in law, even her meat was glazed with gluten stuff. She finally got the message when her own granddaughter was diagnosed with a food allergy.

She still shoves plates of stuff at me and makes a nasty nasty face when anyone compliments my loss.

I love it.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #15  
Cat Cuddler

Hi Radiojane:

I think it is so interesting how weight loss and changes in diet trigger feelings in other people, and not always in a loving, supportive way.

Anyone who isn't happy or supportive to me gets written off immediately. Maybe my attitude is harsh, but I have wasted way too much time and energy on the wrong people. Not having people like that weighing me down (pun intended) has been a big reward.

Last edited by doingmybest; 04-04-2014 at 12:48 PM.