View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #28
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday - School Librarian Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Did Amped Arms and Abs class at gym. CREDIT moi for doing more crunches that I'd ever do on my own. I follow more each class, but still don't do all of everything. Felt like I'd done enough muscle work to justify my protein shake afterward. Reminds me that when I started this journey eight years ago, I believed the tout that the routine I was doing would give me six-pack abs in eight weeks. Right! I still dream of those when I look in the mirror. Or at least for the muffin-top to deflate to absolutely zero like in the ads for magic muscle building stuff. Oh Well.

Food was on plan, CREDIT moi. No special challenges arose; wasn't unusually urged to visit the pantry. I'm out of the red Bell Peppers that usually go with lunch, so I'll get me to the store today to remedy that.

onebyone LOL at a "toothbrush level" of exercise. Love the BIG VERB of your ceramic figures. Kudos for choosing to not sell then to build for a gallery show. And Kudos for giving yourself space by submitting before the official deadline.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Yay for the vision of "back to my best routines." Hope the reported St. Louis tornadoes spared you.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Ouch for browser issues - they're supposed to be transparent and to make our lives easier. Sending supportive thoughts for dealing with your DH's friend and your DH's reaction.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) Terrific Helpful Response to hunger, "I can have it tomorrow if I plan for it." I am mesmerized by your seasons diagram. Just love Entwisle's Sprummer and Sprinter. Added 'Gariwerd' to my vocabulary and Grampians National Park to my Bucket List. Looks like you guys get a whole lot of summer.

nationalparker Sending soothing thoughts as you work to settle the drama that sits on top of the real family concerns. Ouch for donuts and cookies at work. Kudos for recognizing the single piece of candy and moving on.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Ouch for the reality that losing weight and getting in shape makes our bodies more efficient with exercise. I was soooo annoyed when I learned that - so unfair!

6crowsgold - Under is under, even if "wispy 5 calories under."

ahna - You're most welcome here. Love that you arrive already in full possession of "Hunger is Never an Emergency." My take is that the Beck strategies are just what we need for maintenance. Each poster uses this forum in their own way. The common thread is to hold ourselves accountable and to serve as Diet Coach/Buddy to each other. So we'll act in that role for you and ask you to do the same for us.

The quote at the end of my post does read through the books over and over, but the discussion offered by each is where we're each working at the moment. Glad you've joined us.

Readers -
Quote:
day 14 Plan for Tomorrow

Planning what you eat is essential. It helps you to do the following:
  • Think about how you're going to get and prepare the food on your eating plan.
  • Remember what you're supposed to eat and when. If you don't plan ahead, you put yourself in the tougher situation of solving problems in the moment. When you feel hungry and look in your refrigerator for something to eat, you might not come up with a diet-friendly solution.
  • Eliminate spontaneous eating. Spontaneous eating - the little nibbles of snacks, leftover, and other food - is often what keeps dieters from losing weight.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 135.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month