View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #16
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies At last the ground was thawed enough to pound in the stakes that hold the fence for our Sugar Snaps in our community garden a few blocks from home. CREDIT moi for the arm exercise of pounding. This is the moment where there's only hope. There's no green in any of the gardens except for four remarkably sturdy Curly Kale that survived the winter. We left them in place hoping for a few edible leaves before they start to bolt. Soon those who buy foot tall tomato plants will put them in to make the place look garden-ial.

Eating on plan, CREDIT moi, meant dinner done by 5:30 to leave time to walk to a presentation on the evolution of behavior in animals. The mind boggles at the research possible with cheap, rapid DNA sequencing. Walked home later in the dark. The city after dark continues to delight - particularly when walking past places providing fast food to students who are starting their evening as I walk home to end mine.

onebyone Actually, Yes My take is that "this is about Beck" - every aspect of one foot in front of the other through life is part of our Cognitive Therapy strategies that scoop up eating and exercise. Without art submissions you'd never have a brain positioned for gym and sane eating. Kudos for your life plan.

CeeJay - Always inspired when you pack meals for your hotel nights.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) Had to google your Ocean Trout to discover that it's what's called Rainbow Trout in North America. Neat to have another "go to food." Sounds like a stellar day - Kudos.

nationalparker Ouch for having the emotions jerked around by schedule change in your dad's chemo. Double Ouch for family dynamics that make the difficult even more so. Kudos for taking time for yourself and your DH by taking in The Grand Budapest Hotel. I watched the trailer and have to add it to my list.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Just what I need to hear - "so instead I walked 2 miles." Many of the times I'm stuck could be seen as invitations for a brisk walk to clear the mind.

6crowsgold - I could get into broccoli and black beans. Kudos for one more fasting day.

Readers -
Quote:
day 14 Plan for Tomorrow

Writing and monitoring are very important, and if you're like most of the people I've worked with, I think you'll find that the idea of doing them is much more burdensome than the reality.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 135.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month