View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #290
JLUS

S/C/G: 217/185/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I bought Protidiet oatmeal and Protidiet chicken and veggie soup. I tried them both and didn't like either one very much at all! I'm not a picky eater at all, but yuck! Any advice on how to make them more palatable? I added cinnamon and Splenda, but didn't help a whole lot. Let me hear your ideas!
I enjoy the PD oatmeal and love that it is unrestricted. I add a little more water than called for and cook 1 minute in the micro (watch it because it puffs up and can overflow) After it deflates a bit I cook 1 more min. The extra water makes it lighter and less thick and cooking smooths out the oaty texture. Add cinnamon, Splenda and I use a splash of my nf milk allowance (or try a little vanilla RTD.) I have also added a drop of WF maple or blueberry syrup to vary the flavor.

I also use it to make oatmeal zucchini muffins (use any muffin recipe posted all over this site and use the oatmeal like a "packet" as called for in the recipe. I have also used it to make oatmeal pancakes.

I use the chicken soup (haven't tried veggie yet). I make it a little thicker than usual and pour over broccoli or cauliflower or both like a sauce. I sometimes add garlic powder or cayenne or even chipotle hot sauce. You might also try adding veggie purees to it (there is a link in the a Daily Chat).

Met Goal Aug 2013
Return P1 July 2014 for 15 lb additional

Last edited by JLUS : 04-02-2014 at 11:24 PM.