Old 04-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone doing MRC without the center?

I am an MRC Veteran and several years ago there were people on here who were doing the program without going into a center... just wondering if anyone is still doing that?
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I am an MRC Veteran and several years ago there were people on here who were doing the program without going into a center... just wondering if anyone is still doing that?
Jump over the the MRC April forum there are a few doing it without the center! goodluck
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #3  

Quote:
I was using the MRC program without the center for about 3 weeks, lost 9 lbs, had gotten to the green menu. With vacation coming up in about two weeks, I got lazy about my diet and stopped. Plan to return to it mid-April after I return from vacation. Dislike having to start over on pre-condition and first two menus, but look forward to the weight drop. Was able to buy my supplements from local center where I had previously been member. Good luck to you and I will be back!
asam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #4  
Sherry, Senior Member

Default MRC Supplements

Not sure if everyone knows this or not but if you go to the MRC website you can buy all their products online without stepping into a center.

www.emetabolic.com
Old 04-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #5  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

daizy hotrocks - I am a veteran as well and am doing the program now without a center. If I had one, nearby, however, I would definitely be going to a center. Three main reasons:

I think it helps with accountability. It must feel great to sign those weight loss boards!

If you get a counselor that you really trust, they can recommend things to help. For example - look at food log for the week and tell you why (or suggest possible reasons) you only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks. Also, they can help with product selection. On the monthly forum some people have talked about taking glucose in the afternoon to help control late day/evening hunger, etc. That recommendation came from their counselor.

Maintenance! This is such a huge step and they can help make sure that your weight stays off.

Why don't I go to a center if I am so positive about them? I don't have one here in Idaho. I did a phone program last time and it was awful. Sometimes wouldn't return my calls for weeks, never seemed to have product in stock and would send me 1/4-1/2 of my order at a time, etc. Other things, but it just didn't work for me. I was so frustrated I quit and decided to do it myself. If I had a local center, however, and had these problems - I could have probably talked to a manager and got a new counselor or something. I am a big believer in the program and think I just got a flake for a counselor.
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #6  

Thank you!!! My first go around I lost so fast and so much. I have more to loose now but I am getting to a point where I hurt everyday. I still have some leftover sups and drinks from the last time so I am thinking of calling a center and seeing about rejoining. I am just coming off of my second layoff in 2 years, eviction, reposessed car, moving, bankruptcy... the works. So the $$ is tight. But I am so tired of hurting everyday.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #7  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you!!! My first go around I lost so fast and so much. I have more to loose now but I am getting to a point where I hurt everyday. I still have some leftover sups and drinks from the last time so I am thinking of calling a center and seeing about rejoining. I am just coming off of my second layoff in 2 years, eviction, reposessed car, moving, bankruptcy... the works. So the $$ is tight. But I am so tired of hurting everyday.
daizy hotrocks: When you call your local center talk to the manager in charge and explain your situation and see if they can help you. I rejoined for the second go around I had gained like 19lbs back, it cost me $99 but some people have rejoined for less, ask if they will be running any specials and I know they will work with you. At least the girls at my center have always helped me out. goodluck and keep coming back here for support.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/173/125

Height: 5"3

The first time i lost 80 and did it without them just went to get my weigh in....but i had a huge support system and we stayed on top of each other
SatinDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #9  

ARGH!
Haven' weighed myself for awhile... haven't joined MRC again and haven't been on any sort of 'plan'. I am 217!!!!!!! I have NEVER weighed this much. I am sooooo uncomfortable, sore, tired and just Blech! I get paid from my new job tomorrow and am ordering a 12 pack from dietdirect.com and getting started. I will join MRC again as soon as I have the $$. The accountability is great and I have never been through Stabilization. I just have to be strong when it comes to the $$ and the pressure to buy supplements. MRC has been the only thing that has worked for me, unfortunately I was loosing weight for a man and not for me...
Old 05-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #10  
FROSTICE

S/C/G: 176lbs/165lbs/160lbs

Height: 5'10"

Hi Daisy! Yes, I'm doing it without going to the center. My first go round I went from 182lbs to 156lbs in 7 months. I'm a 5'10" guy and did the diet program as a friendly office weight losing competition. I'm very disciplined when competing AND when spending my money. I don't like losing, ESPECIALLY my money. �� (by the way, I won the contest!) MRC was so easy for me also because my wife was also doing it with me. So, we ate the same foods and didn't "tempt" each other by bringing forbidden snacks into the house.

This time around, I'm doing the program again without signing up at the Center. I'm only going through it again in support of my wife only. She never reached her goal and wanted to try it again. I wanted to lose 11lbs and did it in 18 days but I'm sticking with my wife until she's happy with her results. MRC is fun and easy for both of us but I hate the extra expense.
frostice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/224/170

Height: 5'10"

Default MRC Without Center

I am following the 28 day program, and have now signed up for At Home
emoss72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

MRC gets all their products from Diet Direct.com
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #13  

Quote:
I am doing it without the center. I've not been really strict on the menu, but I start tomorrow, resetting myself from Day 1 (yellow).

There's no program like this one. I'm ready to drop this weight off. UGH!

I order my drinks and stuff from Nashuanutrition.com, but get my mrc6 and such from the website.

I miss going into the center, but I've done it so much, I can do this on my own. I just wish I had a friend to do with me, so we could talk about it.

Maybe this will help me stay motivated to be 100% true to my menu plan.

Regardless, good habits pay off...and self discipline definitely produces miracles.
discoverjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #14  

Is there any place online to order the protein gel packs? Don't know exact name for them...but you can kind of drink them on their own or put in water for a fruit drink...kwim??
coloradogirlatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirlatheart View Post
Is there any place online to order the protein gel packs? Don't know exact name for them...but you can kind of drink them on their own or put in water for a fruit drink...kwim??
I get mine on Nashuanutrition.com. I buy the healthsmart clear drinks. my fav: grapefruit.

Are you doing this on your own without a center, also?

My closest center is over an hour away, and I'm not going to drive two hours (hour there, hour back) to go to the center.
discoverjoy is offline   Reply With Quote