View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
nostoneunturned
Finding my mind :)

S/C/G: HW:194 189.6/175.2/127

Height: 5'6"

Yes! I am experiencing this now too. I've tried so many restrictive diets and while they work for a while (WW in particular, I've been able to lose 30 pounds on in quick order) I always gain back. Always! My binging habits inevitably creep up and get me back.

So I need to let go of restrictive eating. I attempted most recently to cut out sugar and that helped me lose a few pounds but then I had a frenzied binge. Lots of stressful stuff going on, school, car issues, major relationship breakup . Suddenly I couldn't say no to sugar.

And that is the fundamental issue with many diets, I think. They aren't built to last. Whenever you hit a snag there's a chance of "falling off the wagon" but if you were just eating naturally, in an uncontrived style, there'd be no "wagon" to fall off of! That's why I am now eating intuitively, I guess that's as close a description as I can get. I did it M-F last week, NO binges. WOW. It worked! Then Sat. I had a moment where I thought, "I can't have that- it's too many calories." It was a Cadbury Crème Egg (lol). Which I wrestled over in my mind for hours, then gave in and had, then felt guilty, and bought some binge food. You know the routine, perhaps. And had I just allowed myself to eat the darn egg, it wouldn't have happened! Restriction is my major trigger.

Knowing this, I guess I go forward and say "yes" to anything, but I fear so much, that I won't lose weight. I kind of mentally tab calories as I go along. I pick the worst stuff right now, deep fried food for lunch multiple times, etc. But I don't eat when I'm not hungry, no emotional cravings or pangs. So...improvement? Sigh. We shall see.
nostoneunturned is offline   Reply With Quote