View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #27
Bunnydream
I can do it!

S/C/G: 272/260/150

Height: 5'7 Age: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Diets in the conventional sense are my pet peeve. I will say I'm not a fan, in any way, shape, or form, of intuitive eating for actually losing weight. Maintenance it works quite well, and for clearing head issues relating to your relationship with your body, but I haven't found they effectively deal with someone like me who consistently eats too much and has no full button, really, even on a very nutritious, delicious plan.

What you have to do is find a way of eating you can live with. Ditch the word diet if you must, but a great strategy is not adopting ANY behavior or change for losing weight that you aren't willing to maintain for the rest or your life. No 'on the diet' or 'off the diet' mentality, but rather one day and choice at a time, with no end date and no winning or losing. Just living your life sanely with food you like in amounts that support your health instead of worsening it.

My personal experience is that maintenance is much, much easier on low carb, with the rare higher carb day thrown in on my birthday and such. But everyone is different - find what works for you, but be aware that intuitive eating can pretty much lead to increased fattening in a woman like myself whose intuition, as it were, always asks for more
Ahhh! I know! I love food so much that I get excited to eat! I do need to make real changes and I am definitely a person who will eat and eat because they love all kinds of food. I don't think intuitive eating would be very...effective.

I think working out (very lightly of course) really gives me an ego boost. I feel really good when I know I moved a lot. I do not own a scale, but I have taken measurements. Of course, inevitably, I have to change the way I eat if I want to lose weight. That's a no-brainer. I have a lot of ideas going but I don't think I could count calories again, I felt like a prisoner doing that.

Thank you for the advice! Although, I already know how this will probably start...I'll end up doing LoseIt! again.