Old 04-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #30
SylviesGirl
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Jellie
Ahh Do you know that on the phase 3 IP sheet it says 1 carb and 1 fat as part of the breakfast work up and the example they give is toast with butter. I don't understand this I thought we are not to combine the two because they make a fat cell. Oh well. I just did a search on the recipe links for the cauliflower taco shell but couldn't find it. I know that I've seen it. you also said the MAGIC words for me. You use cheese to hold it together. Would you mind giving me the recipe?
I'm such a cheese addict I've had the veggie brand cheese in my diet from day one.
I'm going to try the low or no sugar carbs see if that helps keep a leash on the cravings.
Will look for the Pepperidge farms bread, I'm sure I can find it in one of the stores around here.
Thank you Jellie, can you come back and tell us what you ate today?
Hi again!
Here is what is on the menu today:
B-0% Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt with 10 raspberries
1/2 tbsp light butter on 2 low fat whole grain waffles with WF syrup, and 2 turkey sausages

L-2 cauliflower taco shells with 2 light swiss laughing cow cheeses and 4oz roast beef and lettuce with 1/2 tbsp regular thousand island dressing

D-6oz 94% lean ground turkey, 2 cups zucchini, sprouted grain penne pasta (measured 2oz dry) and a 1/2 c Brownstone marinara (lowest sugar-for those who watch the real housewives of NJ Caroline Manzo's brand )

S-around 3pm 0% non fat plain greek yogurt with 2 tbsp PB2
S-around 8pm Ideal Protein unrestricted BBQ crisps and 4 tbsp PB2 and 4tbsp fat free cool whip (just discovered this-like ice cream)

I forgot to mention that I do track everything in My Fitness Pal. It is important to be accountable. I play with my food to be sure I am within range. I usually don't eat my exercise calories back but have if I'm extra hungry and it doesn't seem to hurt me.

Here is the cauliflower taco shell recipe:

You process a head of cauliflower

Microwave for 5-6 minutes stirring halfway through

Once done squeeze excess water with a cheesecloth or whatever you have. This really makes a difference, they stay together much better.

I add 2-3 eggs depending on the size of the head. You could use egg whites. I did during phase I. I add in Fat Free cheddar. A serving size is 1/4 cup but I just eyeball it since it is spread out among the whole head of cauliflower.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes on parchment paper then flip and do another 15 minutes.
I have been making them and freezing them since it is sooo time consuming and they are fine.

Enjoy!!!![/quote]

This is all incredibly helpful info. Thank you SO much! I'm going to make those tortillas on Monday.

NO GRIT, NO PEARL.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote