View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #29
jelliehel
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 187/119.8/125

Height: 5'2

Jellie
Ahh Do you know that on the phase 3 IP sheet it says 1 carb and 1 fat as part of the breakfast work up and the example they give is toast with butter. I don't understand this I thought we are not to combine the two because they make a fat cell. Oh well. I just did a search on the recipe links for the cauliflower taco shell but couldn't find it. I know that I've seen it. you also said the MAGIC words for me. You use cheese to hold it together. Would you mind giving me the recipe?
I'm such a cheese addict I've had the veggie brand cheese in my diet from day one.
I'm going to try the low or no sugar carbs see if that helps keep a leash on the cravings.
Will look for the Pepperidge farms bread, I'm sure I can find it in one of the stores around here.
Thank you Jellie, can you come back and tell us what you ate today?[/quote]

Hi again!
Here is what is on the menu today:
B-0% Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt with 10 raspberries
1/2 tbsp light butter on 2 low fat whole grain waffles with WF syrup, and 2 turkey sausages

L-2 cauliflower taco shells with 2 light swiss laughing cow cheeses and 4oz roast beef and lettuce with 1/2 tbsp regular thousand island dressing

D-6oz 94% lean ground turkey, 2 cups zucchini, sprouted grain penne pasta (measured 2oz dry) and a 1/2 c Brownstone marinara (lowest sugar-for those who watch the real housewives of NJ Caroline Manzo's brand )

S-around 3pm 0% non fat plain greek yogurt with 2 tbsp PB2
S-around 8pm Ideal Protein unrestricted BBQ crisps and 4 tbsp PB2 and 4tbsp fat free cool whip (just discovered this-like ice cream)

I forgot to mention that I do track everything in My Fitness Pal. It is important to be accountable. I play with my food to be sure I am within range. I usually don't eat my exercise calories back but have if I'm extra hungry and it doesn't seem to hurt me.

Here is the cauliflower taco shell recipe:

You process a head of cauliflower

Microwave for 5-6 minutes stirring halfway through

Once done squeeze excess water with a cheesecloth or whatever you have. This really makes a difference, they stay together much better.

I add 2-3 eggs depending on the size of the head. You could use egg whites. I did during phase I. I add in Fat Free cheddar. A serving size is 1/4 cup but I just eyeball it since it is spread out among the whole head of cauliflower.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes on parchment paper then flip and do another 15 minutes.
I have been making them and freezing them since it is sooo time consuming and they are fine.

Enjoy!!!!

Maintenance since August 30 2013
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote