View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #9
Bobbolink
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]I have been a very bad, bad dieter. I keep taking off and putting back on, nothing too serious until this morning. I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn for awhile and they shrunk. Put on another pair and they shrunk too. What am I going to do?
Oh Yeah, count calories again. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
But I'm not starting until Monday morning when any sane person would start. I will start posting my menu to keep me accountable. We have a dollar store that sells Ginger Snap cookies that are to die for, delicious, spicy and a bite to them. I think I've been nibbling on too many.

You're welcome K3.

Karen...I've been thinking and praying for you and Tim, so sorry about the surgery. I'm glad you're still not in Colorado, but close to your family for support.

Rosey....congrats on getting the last of your holiday weight off and the upcoming "Inspirational Room". And it's not fair you get to sit on your deck in Alaska and in Minnesota we're expecting 5 - 8 inches of snow on friday.

Mary...I thought of my old dentist when I read about Joe's partial plate. He was soooooo against false teeth, he told me if a patient only had one tooth left in his mouth, he'd put in a partial plate. (I don't think that's possible but he empathized his point by telling me that). I'm thankful I still have all my own teeth, two of my siblings don't.

Lizzy...day one for me on Monday. Sorry for your grief

Hi everyone else, hope you all have a skinny day. [/color]

Quote:
Healthy Baked Fish Sticks with Lemon Caper Dipping Sauce
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 Size: 5 sticks + sauce Old Points: 5 pts Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 229 Fat: 4 g Carb: 15 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 31 g Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 709 mg Cholesterol: 63 g
Ingredients:

Lemon Caper Sauce:

1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

For the Fish Sticks:
cooking spray (I use a mister)
1 pound Alaskan skinless cod fillet, about 1-inch thick (thawed if frozen)
3 large egg whites
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

For the crumbs:
1 cup plain Panko crumbs
1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Directions:

Combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small bowl; set aside.

Preheat the oven to 450F and adjust the rack to the center position. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with oil.

Slice the fish crosswise into 2-inch long strips, about 1-inch wide.

Combine egg whites, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
In a second bowl combine the Panko crumbs with Old Bay seasoning, dried parsley and remaining paprika.

Pat fish dry with paper towels and dip the fish into the egg mixture, then into crumbs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the top of the fish with oil and bake until the crumbs are golden and the fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden and the fish is cooked through.