Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 AM   #1  

Default IP daily chat Wednesday 4/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #2  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

I don't post often but just had to share that this morning was my 6 week weigh in and I hit wonderland!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #3  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Happy Hump Day!

Trying to get my groove back after a week-long spring break. Summer vacation is beginning to call my name

I have a question: I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely PARCHED. I drank more than enough water throughout the day yesterday (as I usually do), but I'm pretty sure I did not hit my salt quota. Everything else was pretty much the same -got in all my veg, protein, packets, & supplements. Could the lack of salt and waking up in the middle of the night thirsty be related? I'm used to waking up due to pain, but not to thirst!

Have a lovely day :
Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #4  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
I don't post often but just had to share that this morning was my 6 week weigh in and I hit wonderland!!!!
Keep up the good work!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Welcome to Onderland! That is exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
I have a question: I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely PARCHED. I drank more than enough water throughout the day yesterday (as I usually do), but I'm pretty sure I did not hit my salt quota. Everything else was pretty much the same -got in all my veg, protein, packets, & supplements. Could the lack of salt and waking up in the middle of the night thirsty be related? I'm used to waking up due to pain, but not to thirst!
I'm doing that too right now. I suspect it's seasonal allergies. I've just been keeping a bottle of water by the bed and drinking it when needed.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! My scale is still stuck and I am getting frustrated and discouraged. I have increased energy though and have been feeling almost like I want to start running. We are rearranging some things in the house, so my treadmill isn't set up at the moment, but I think I will make that a priority this week. I think I need to hide my scale for a while and stop worrying about it and just continue on but it is hard to do.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

shrinkingsusie - How frustrating! Hang in there - it will happen! I agree with the treadmill (love mine!) and hiding the scale if it's stressing you out. No great advice, but I'm rooting for you - you've done so great!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #8  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning! My scale is still stuck and I am getting frustrated and discouraged. I have increased energy though and have been feeling almost like I want to start running. We are rearranging some things in the house, so my treadmill isn't set up at the moment, but I think I will make that a priority this week. I think I need to hide my scale for a while and stop worrying about it and just continue on but it is hard to do.
I remember someone saying that sometimes when we hit a stall, sometimes it is a sign we need to shift things 'up' a little bit. A bit more protein, a bit more fat, or another packet a day. I wonder if anyone had some insight?

Last edited by Annik; 04-02-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I'm sorry to hear the scale is stuck shrinkingsusie. Have you maybe thought about switching to Phase 2 for a little while? Maybe your body needs more food. You can still lose weight in Phase 2. Maybe not what you want to hear since you're not at goal yet but it's just a suggestion.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #10  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Just back home from a trip to Rome and Dusseldorf. Rome was easier to IP 'navigate' than I thought it would be. Germany presented a bit more of a challenge.

While in Rome, a great reliable restaurant is Insalata Ricca (it's a chain...good, healthy food that is Ip friendly ... http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant...ome_Lazio.html)

There is an excellent one of them right near the Vatican.

Germany was ok but it just seemed a little more challenging on the food front. It involved a family visit with language barriers ... supportive family but they couldn't get the 'no fruit' aspect. And I don't know enough Polish or German to explain.

I survived ... Even lost a few pounds but it was hard work when with family (I stayed with them).

Happy to be home!

A picture of my cousin and me getting ready to climb an experiential art exhibit -- the photo was taken by her husband (who is the actual cousin!). I am on the right! I could never have done the climb a year ago.

My last trip to Rome was in March 2013. Main observation = what a difference. 100 pound she'd makes for mobility -- no problem fitting into seat on plane! Wow, stairs now so easy! (I was even sailing by my so called always thin friends... My health has really improved and I am so grateful for it)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.3 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Annik; 04-02-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #11  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Happy hump day! So glad it's Wednesday, one day closer to Friday.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #12  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Getnlean- Way to go

Shrinkingsusie - hang in there and if you are feeling the urge to run " run with it". I think adding exercise helps and will make a difference in the inches lost.

Annik - sounds like a great trip. I'm impressed that you even lost weight. Sounds like you observed some amazing differences being so much healthier for this trip.

Happy it is Wednesday but really wishing it was Friday. It has been a busy week and I have felt ++hungry.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #14  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Congrats Getlean!

1st WI today! Wish me luck

Last edited by kaylynt; 04-02-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #15  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I remember someone saying that sometimes when we hit a stall, sometimes it is a sign we need to shift things 'up' a little bit. A bit more protein, a bit more fat, or another packet a day. I wonder if anyone had some insight?
WOW I love your signature! Any progress photos?
Closed Thread