View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #25
kcdoe

S/C/G: 251/197/170

Height: 5'8"

Jellie
Hi kcdoe! I don't have butter on bread except for breakfast or fun day, but if I want it I toast the cauliflower shells lightly with a little butter and garlic salt/powder. I swear those shells come in very handy. I use them as hamburger buns also. I HATED cauliflower before this diet and now eat it everyday. I make a batch of them and keep them in the freezer so I have them for like 3 weeks. I choose carbs without or with the lowest sugar because I don't have cravings after them. Sometimes if I have too much sugar in anything it triggers me and I want to eat more. Pepperidge farms makes a low carb bread, for 2 slices it is 120 calories and 10 net carbs. Not sure if your supermarket carries that. Good luck!!!!!

Jellie
Ahh Do you know that on the phase 3 IP sheet it says 1 carb and 1 fat as part of the breakfast work up and the example they give is toast with butter. I don't understand this I thought we are not to combine the two because they make a fat cell. Oh well. I just did a search on the recipe links for the cauliflower taco shell but couldn't find it. I know that I've seen it. you also said the MAGIC words for me. You use cheese to hold it together. Would you mind giving me the recipe?
I'm such a cheese addict I've had the veggie brand cheese in my diet from day one.
I'm going to try the low or no sugar carbs see if that helps keep a leash on the cravings.
Will look for the Pepperidge farms bread, I'm sure I can find it in one of the stores around here.
Thank you Jellie, can you come back and tell us what you ate today?

100% August through October, off IP till rebooted January 2 through March 31st. Phasing off to maintenance for a while to test the waters!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote