View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #46
nonameslob
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/189/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
My own balance is a little different. I agree that I won't remember the bag of Oreo cookies I ate 30 years ago, but some of my fondest memories do involve food (often the context of travel): The buffalo steak tartare I had in Banff, the Sushi Sei restaurant in Tokyo, Bong Su (upscale Vietnamese) in San Francisco, Pei Modern in Melbourne... the baguette, cheese and wine feast we have every year at the cottage, Ed's Real Scoop gelato after rollerblading along the boardwalk... and on and on...
I relate to this so much. Food is pleasure and memories for me.

I am LUCKY that I have found a way of eating (so far!) that hasn't required me to give anything up entirely. I realize that's not the same for everyone and am just trying to count my blessings here. Of course, we'll see where I am in another year or two as it's been less than a year for me eating this way.

But man...I can't imagine life without being able to make and eat grandmom's recipe for white ravioli (including homemade dough). That one example says it all to me. She's been gone for 20 years but I can still bite one of those raviolis and transport back to when she was with us.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote