View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #31
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I am not sure why people jump to the conclusion that if you're not on a popular diet it means that you're eating junk food all the time. I don't think it's dangerous to suggest that people enjoy the food they are eating. It's far more dangerous to try to suggest that someone cure an eating disorder by cutting out whole food groups and I'm a good example of that. Diets have made my ED worse and worse and if I don't take control of that now I will live the rest of my life this way.

I took the wrong advice for a long time. A long long time. Long enough. I've trusted everyone but myself and packed on the pounds in the name of virtue. I don't expect anyone to understand that unless they have a diagnosed eating disorder. And binging is not enjoyable at all. Now that I'm not binging I have a new appreciation for food, it's enjoyable to me and I don't need permission to find enjoyment in it. Some of the happiest times of my life were accompanied by food and I feel no shame about that.

Are there other pleasures in life to be enjoyed? Yes. Am I enjoying them? Yes. I finally have time to now that my face is not buried in a binge. Do carbs bring me pleasure? NO they don't!! But the freedom to eat them if I want them is a privilege and pleasure I've denied myself long enough.

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet

Last edited by Wannabeskinny : 04-01-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote