Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #1  

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 12

Time for a new thread! Here is a link to the old one
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...e-11-a-13.html

Welcome to the Vol. 12 home of Fabulous at Fifty + !!
started by DanafromAustin
(cool intro borrowed from rainbowsmiles)

This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+
LOVIN' LIFE and on IP. Welcome everyone!

Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/231/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Smile OK, I'll bite!

59 yo, 3rd day into IP, just discovered this forum and sooo happy for it!
Mimi aka Hawkhat
Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello!

52 here. 11th week of IP now...loving the program...and the support of the 3FC forums and members!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
My 60th is coming up at the end of April. I want to hit that age in the best shape possible and IP is helping me to that. I am half way through 7th week of IP and very happy with the results . I hit -34 today and am about ready to go outside (rain stopped after a week of deluges) and do yard work and go for a nice walk. Get that body moving and spirit jumping.
My 50th was in March
I was down 72 lbs.
I plan on being well into maintenance by my 51st

Doesn't it feel great to be able to MOVE again???
Old 10-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My 50th was in March
I was down 72 lbs.
I plan on being well into maintenance by my 51st

Doesn't it feel great to be able to MOVE again???
I was laughing at myself this morning - I could not wait to get my work clothes on and get out and rake up all the debris from a week of storms. I do not know the last time I was excited about natural physical activity.

Then I got home from errands and was in ecstasy over having purple kale chips and chicken soup for lunch. I am pretty sure that in my history of eating everything that did not move I have never such fun eating kale!

Turning 60 is NOT going to be a sad thing for me because I am taking control of my life and my emotions. Kids gone, empty nest can be fun...15 days until I do not have empty nest, though. Excited for my Marine son to come home. Lots of tears and worries in the many months since I saw him last.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

We also need a "Birthday Girls" thread since so many of us strive for mini or final goals using that marker!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #7  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Dropping by to say "Hi!" To my fabulous friends! Looks like its been quiet on this thread...
Old 10-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Dropping by to say "Hi!" To my fabulous friends! Looks like its been quiet on this thread...
I agree Lizzy...too quiet! I miss the chatter!! For a while this place had so much going on it was my favorite thread. So many interesting things, places and people stories all going on...besides staying OP and heading to goal!

Missing the daily dose! but hope all are well...busy and on track.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Hello All, I too agree too quiet here! Just had a spinach salad and IP potatoes.....yeah I know a boring lunch, but I wanted to use them up. I've tried the bread and roll thing with them and they are just ok to me. I'd rather have Proti diet minestrone soup, I add extra vegetables to it.

I just frosted/decorated Granny's 93rd birthday cake. We're having a big family dinner here for her. I am going to have to have a bite of cake, just a bite. I'll be having a big spinach salad for lunch, I'm making them stuffed quahogs, baked haddock, rice pilaf, carrots and a broccoli casserole. Granny chose the meal. She is sharp as a tack, I cannot beat her in scrabble!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Ideal Protein

57 here. I've been on IP for five months and am 53 lbs. down. Because of this diet, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I felt so good and all my pain and nausea went away. My doctor did some testing and diagnosed me. It's been an interesting journey. I feel great!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to all the newcomers on the thread.

I've just finished two weeks on P1 to knock of the few pounds I picked up when I lost control to both starting the new contract job and DH leaving for a month. I hope to not lose control again, but it is reassuring to know P1 is there to fall back on. I will again properly phase off to ensure I don't have problems.

DH has been gone the month now (should be able to be home later this week) and I'm at the end of my contract and job hunting all over again. I spend my evenings searching down more contract jobs and applying. Not much time for 3FC. I didn't even know there was a new thread. Shame on me.

You all stay OP as it is so worth it. I no longer have to feel concerned when I interview as I don't have to wonder what people think about the fat lady since I'm not. It feels sooooooo good.

Have a great rest of the weekend.
Molly
Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

I'm 56.. Started IP in July and lost 22 lbs. before the end of August. I got off plan because of the cost, but am excited to be back OP as off yesterday!! I ordered alternative products from Nashua.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Welcome to all the newcomers on the thread.

You all stay OP as it is so worth it. I no longer have to feel concerned when I interview as I don't have to wonder what people think about the fat lady since I'm not. It feels sooooooo good.

Have a great rest of the weekend.
Molly
LOVE it Molly!!! So good to read you re-enforcing that notion! And even more wonderful ... it is true for you!

Hope nxt job is right around the corner and your DH homecoming is great. Appreciate having you around on the forum, but know you are busy!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbhigdon View Post
I'm 56.. Started IP in July and lost 22 lbs. before the end of August. I got off plan because of the cost, but am excited to be back OP as off yesterday!! I ordered alternative products from Nashua.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
Welcome to this great thread.

I can guarantee alternatives work. I spent just over a year on IP, the first three months were on the IP products. Then a bad coach and the cost drove me to the alternative route. I finished the last 80 lbs on alternatives. No problems and a bit more variety. Just ask questions. There's lots of us who went the alternative route.

Molly
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

One of the things that excites me the most as I approach 60 is that being on IP means I can buy clothes that are truly me! Being overweight for so long, I know that there is not much in the way of truly stylish, tailored plus size clothes from which to choose when needing something special.

I am now waiting until I grow out of the remaining clothes in my closet (one more size to go) and then I can start to buy a few new-to-me clothes that are more reflective of how I feel inside rather than being determined by my outside.

Fortunately, I am a mile or so from a really nice thrift store so I can peruse their racks frequently for one or two items that make me feel happy and beautiful.

My pledge to myself when I am done is to do away with widow's weed black! Not that there is anything wrong with it except I look terrible in black near my face. However, being so large, I retreated to complete black outfits thinking it would camouflage my bulk. So I may allow a little tailored black pencil skirt, but beyond that I want my happy colors for the rest of my life.

When sizes are smaller, I can actually have a choice of what I want to wear and that will be the great reward for me.
Closed Thread