Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:21 AM   #1  

Talking IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/1/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

I could kick myself, I went on an eating spree last night. Nothing horrible like brownies, but still put weight on this morning. Two pieces of turkey bologna, 2 handfuls of pecans. That's ok, I will eat clean today! It is a new day.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #3  

Beck Diet Solution

Tuesday Reality Check

The reality is, when you’re working on healthy eating/losing weight, either way you’re going to be missing out on something. If you’re at a party and there’s lots of tempting food, either you’re going to miss out on eating everything you want OR if you do eat everything you want, you’ll miss out on all the benefits of losing weight. But, if you “miss out” on eating some food, you GET all the benefits of losing weight. Remember, it’s always a trade-off.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #4  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper View Post
I could kick myself, I went on an eating spree last night. Nothing horrible like brownies, but still put weight on this morning. Two pieces of turkey bologna, 2 handfuls of pecans. That's ok, I will eat clean today! It is a new day.
No need to kick yourself! You're clearly doing a fantastic job! Slips are human, and now you're moving forward. That will work really well in the long run.

Last edited by mars735; 04-01-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

good morning all!
hope you're doing well today.

i have a question. does anyone else get a weird, sweet and sour, salty taste in their mouth when they're on IP? i'm having a hard time describing the taste because it's very strange. i don't remember having this when i was on IP a few months ago.

thanks!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #6  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
good morning all!
hope you're doing well today.

i have a question. does anyone else get a weird, sweet and sour, salty taste in their mouth when they're on IP? i'm having a hard time describing the taste because it's very strange. i don't remember having this when i was on IP a few months ago.

thanks!
Not that taste, but a constant sweet taste from the Mio I put in my water. Are you using a water enhancer? Different IP products this time? Maybe your body is producing a slightly different combo of ketones this time?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Beck Diet Solution

Tuesday Reality Check

The reality is, when you’re working on healthy eating/losing weight, either way you’re going to be missing out on something. If you’re at a party and there’s lots of tempting food, either you’re going to miss out on eating everything you want OR if you do eat everything you want, you’ll miss out on all the benefits of losing weight. But, if you “miss out” on eating some food, you GET all the benefits of losing weight. Remember, it’s always a trade-off.
I like that Lisa. I was just thinking yesterday that I spent decades getting and being overweight so what's a few months to get healthy? There are things I miss, but it's not forever - it's just for right now. I can do anything for just "right now." And the benefits are sooooooooooo worth it!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Not that taste, but a constant sweet taste from the Mio I put in my water. Are you using a water enhancer? Different IP products this time? Maybe your body is producing a slightly different combo of ketones this time?

thanks for the reply. no water enhancers. just plain water for me.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #9  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Have a terrible headache this morning and I've been up since 4, it's going to be a long day. (Plus it's snowing and gloomy... yuck). Need to make it to yoga tonight and I hope the day goes by fast.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #10  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Back on the wagon this morning

Well rats, I pigged out last night. Not excuses.
WI yesterday was half pound ( 3.8 week before so good average).
The old habits took over and we've all been there... or we wouldn't be "here".

Note to self: drink lots of water, measure my veggies and blog before I pick up that box of cereal.

Tisado is my new ID , I've been hanging around under ssubert for awhile.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 244.4/238.6/165 dtd 3/3

Height: 5'3

I wouldnt say I pigged out. .but I had sneaked some snacks/tidbits between thu to saturday of last week, and the drop in weight plateaued a bit. Started the regular rigor once again from yday, and I started the process again...
Old 04-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #12  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
Well rats, I pigged out last night. Not excuses.
WI yesterday was half pound ( 3.8 week before so good average).
The old habits took over and we've all been there... or we wouldn't be "here".

Note to self: drink lots of water, measure my veggies and blog before I pick up that box of cereal.

Tisado is my new ID , I've been hanging around under ssubert for awhile.
It seems that my tough days are always days I haven't drank all my water or eaten all my vegis.... it definitely helps to get all that liquid in!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
It seems that my tough days are always days I haven't drank all my water or eaten all my vegis.... it definitely helps to get all that liquid in!
That's so true for me too!! And for some reason, I'm always in the mindset of "But I don't wanna go and drink all that water then have to keep making trips to pee why can't the weight just poof and disappear!!"
Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Having a blast doing IP now that my husband has joined me in it. He is having a good time exploring recipes and products but it gives me the added determination NOT to touch anything not IP because he is working so hard and because I am remembering how nice it is to slip into smaller clothes and put on makeup and care....etc etc!

Discovered a new thrift store near the house into which we have moved for the next year. Danger, but what fun - it is near where all the Microsoft community is and the clothing donations they sell are phenomenal. The shoes drove me crazy AND because my feet have gone from a size 10 to a size 8 1/2, I clearly will need to visit it...often!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #15  

Height: 5 '6

schenectady I love shoes!!! Have fun!!
Closed Thread