View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 05:39 PM   #8
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
For me, this has always been switched, prioritize physical health, and then emotional health follows suit But I definitely see what you're saying!

Wannabe- I know you follow IE, when you crave something, do you eat it and then that's it, the craving is gone? Just to give you an example of how my mind works, if I'm craving cake, I will eat one cake (sara lee snacks for example), but having introduced that taste makes me crave more sugar, it makes me irritable too if I can't have it. Does that ever happen to you? This is part of the reason why I have to have restrictions with myself.
Totally legit question! Again I must reitirate what my personal goals are:

1. STOP BINGING
2. Alleviate guilt over my food choices
3. Lose weight

In that order. Stopping the binges is crucial because life sucks trying to hide my binge eating. Guilt makes my life suck even more. Deep down inside I know that if I can accomplish Steps 1 and 2 that step 3 will kind of resolve itself.

So cravings, yea I get cravings. Always have, always will. For a long time I approached cravings like evil doers floating around my brain that I had to STOP, keep away! Distract! or I'd try to fool them with something else "no no you can't have chocolate, here have this calorie-free fat-free stupid grape instead" lol we've all been there right?

If I want that brownie, I eat it. I sit down, eat it slowly, make yummy noises to myself, tell people this is the best brownie I've ever had and then I go on about my day. I've done this many times and you know what? Once I've managed to eat it without guilt then it's gone, the craving is satisfied. Honestly I can't promise anyone that I will lose weight this way and I'm not claiming to! All I'm saying is that I'm enjoying eating right now without fear of being punished by myself.

I wish I could be more helpful but I'm not far enough into my journey to prove weight loss yet. I can tell you though that eating food without guilt and without reprocussions has been life changing to me. Since I've started eating this way my binges have reduced by 90%, there are bags of cheetos in my pantry that I haven't touched in days, I can eat with my family and not feel ashamed of the food I ate, and I am starting to really enjoy the feeling of HUNGER in my body because I know I can solve it quickly and easily and with much less food than I once thought I could eat.

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote