View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I did not see anything in the OP that indicated she felt put down, only that she was trying not to judge (which doesn't mean she isn't) and that she felt sorry for this woman.
Have a closer look at what she said:

"I'm not even sure why I'm posting about it, except that her words have been on my mind all week. I wish I had some words of encouragement for her, but we all have to figure out our own paths, right? Because anything positive/encouraging I do say to her is immediately dismissed, and when I share any methods that seem to be working for me that she could perhaps consider (after making sure to explain that everyone has different needs), she openly fantasizes about a magic pill (her latest infatuation is Sensa) and tells me I couldn't be more off (for example, I'm going to make myself sick by exercising and eating less). She also bitterly complains that I'm "skinny enough" already, regardless that I'm still technically obese and have a 44" waist!

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote