View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
For a very long time, the attitude towards weight loss has been "if you can't reach your ideal, healthiest, most attractive weight, there's no use trying at all."

While I know it comes from good intentions, I wish people with loftier weight loss goals wouldn't so often assume that those of us with more modest goals are to be pitied or converted, or that we somehow doomed to failure or don't know what we're doing.
No it hasn't. I've never come across this attitude on anyone. Have you really?

Lofty goals? Who are you to judge someone's goals? I'll reitirate what you said: someone's goals are their own business. Nobody has criticized you for what you want to accomplish. I don't believe that the OP pities the person she is talking about because of her goals or lack there of - actually it sounds more like the OP feels that she is being put down for having goals, being too skinny, and is dismissed.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote