View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Interesting. I think I understand what she means though. For some people the process is what is important, and the result can be such a let down. Perhaps she realizes that maintainance is not easy and is trying to be realistic about it. Have you ever heard of brides getting depressed after the wedding? Because they've spent months or years preparing for a big day and when it's all over they feel like they have nothing to look forward to anymore. Weightloss is kind of like that because once you lose weight you realize that you still have the same old problems you did before PLUS you live in constant fear of regaining.

Since I've started doing IE something strange has happened to me. I find myself conducting my life as if I'm already in maintainance mode! I just accept myself as I am today and try to have a good day, whether it results in weight loss or not it doesn't matter. Of course it's possible to shape our future but our future happiness cannot grow out of today's misery. That's just setting ourselves up. You've got to be confident and self assured today if there's any hope for tomorrow!!

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote